Thursday, July 2, 2020

Half gone

Half of 2020 is gone and it is mostly about COVID. Of course looking at the silver lining, at least I get to enjoy few months of working at home and the most successful weight loss in my life so far. Hehe.. It is still an impossible struggle to get below 60kg. I have resorted to twice daily probiotics to regulate bowel movement and that still does not really help. My landlady told me that Yakult is nicer than Vitagen. She was referring to the taste but I still followed her advice. I think Yakult is sweeter and perhaps that helps better with the probiotics growth. When I took Vitagen few weeks ago, I still did not have regular bowel movement. Yakult seems to be doing well.

My latest addiction is bottled Wang milk tea to pair with my lunch. Grocery shopping once every week or every 2 weeks somewhat helps to stem this addiction since I can only carry so much and now the space/weight is occupied by Yakult. It has been like this for almost 2 weeks but I still do not see any further weight reduction :(

I finished another Thai series on Monday. It took me only 3 days and it was really a good surprise. I watched it just because of the actor. I am usually more into light hearted comedy so it is really shocking that I got hooked into this series despite a completely different theme: underground, mafia, guns -things that usually do not interest me. The biggest shock is polyamory. I honestly never come across this term before. It means a relationship involving more than 2 people who love another. There are 3 characters in the series. Unlike love triangle in which usually one person will end up rejected by the couple who end up together, the 3 characters in this series are engaged in polyamory. One scene has the 3 of them taking turns to kiss each other and I find that really uncomfortable. Thank goodness the main plot is on the suspense from the mafia theme which is executed nicely.

I decide to take a break from starting a new series so that I can 'rest' this week. The rest part does not come because I end up watching random Thai variety shows. One highlight it I Can See Your Voice featuring AKB48. This show usually has no English subs, except for this one perhaps because it has AKB48 although there are only 6 of them. I no longer follow them and am unfamiliar with all the members now. Some of their songs are still great though. One that was sung in the show that I never hear before is 365 Nichi no Kamihikouki. I think it is not the main single or something but the song is really soothing and pleasant.
A trip down memory lane made me realise that it has been almost a decade since Heavy Rotation. Definitely that is the most memorable AKB48 song for me. Partly because of the shock factor of the MV but no doubt the tune itself is damn catchy.

The song that started the journey to these miscellaneous shows is Rok Tur Kon Diao (the translated English title is One Love) which is used in the series I completed last week. Quite surprised to find that this is a 2015 song but is used in a 2019 production.
Gosh.. I just noticed that I can no longer embed Youtube videos here. Is it because of new blogger format? Or has it been like this for quite sometime and I am just unaware since I seldom embed videos nowadays.. I explored 'Insert Video' function and it seems to be working. I dislike how it looks so tiny in the blog though.

No comments: