Saturday, July 4, 2020

Wrinkles

When you live in darkness, you are not even aware of your imperfection. I have been quite happy with the progress of my face and I think it is getting better. It was a reality check at the doctor's office today. With brighter lighting and bigger mirror, my skin is still far from stopping the medicines. The worst part is seeing wrinkles and lines on my forehead. Sigh.. It is truly a sign of aging as it is not the usual lines that appear when I smile or when I frown. It is one of the lines if I 'raise my eyebrows' and it is hardly a natural facial expression for me. What to do :( I can understand why some people can be very vain to the point of plastic surgery or botox injection. Have to just accept that I am an uncle already.

I am quite pleased with myself today as I managed to resist buying bubble tea, fast food and junk food today. I compensated a little bit by ordering a side dish with my lunch and yesterday I had to order dinner since I was saving the last dragonfruit as breakfast today. I do not dare to go out on empty stomach in the morning. It is still gonna be a long battle to go under 60.

Rationalising spending just to hit the minimum $500 required also helped to restrain my spending on Gundam Wing stuff I shared previously. In the end I only bought the calendars and two towels (one to use and one to keep). Hard decision but I have to be reasonable. After all I know I am not really a merchandise kind of person and I am more into figurines.

Save some but spend elsewhere. That is the irony. Few months ago I pre-ordered a box set for a Thai series. Thanks to COVID, the release has been delayed and there is no news until now. While searching for an update, I ended up finding another pre-order for another series that I just completed last week -_-" I like this series even more and the box set comes with the bear from the show also. The good thing is that this is produced by the company which produced the series and it shipped internationally. Hurray!! Sadly the the shipping is 600 THB while the box set alone only costs 1090 THB. What!! I was even tempted if I should buy 2 sets since it would only add the shipping fee by 100 THB. Common sense stopped me since what am I gonna do with 2 dvd box sets. In fact now I am wondering why I even bought it since I can always watch the full series in the official Youtube channel as well. That bear is also only 11 cm small and not that cute leh. Haha.. what a quick change of mind just after an afternoon nap.

No comments: