Friday, July 31, 2020

'Mysterious' Aladdin porcelain figurine

I say this is mysterious because I really cannot find any information about this figurine. I own it without its original packaging so the only information I have that this was from Tokyo Disneyland according to the marking at the base of the figurine, I am unable to find any other information or picture of this item online. To make it even more mysterious, I cannot even remember if I bought this online or I found this at Mandarake when I visited Tokyo. Without its original box, it is unlikely that I bought this online. However, if I found this in person, it is quite peculiar that I did not write anything about this earlier. With that, I cannot remember how much I bought this for and the only information I can share about this is the height of around 13 cm.

This figurine does not age well and it has a lot of yellow discolouration. That did not stop me from buying since Aladdin merchandises are rare after all. Hehe.. Picture time.
The yellowing on Genie's smoke
Yellow and white discolourations on Genie :(
The face sculpt is actually not too horrible
Aging signs are also visible on Aladdin's skin and hair
There is no mention of even the year

No comments: