Friday, July 31, 2020

Disney Enchanting Collection (Enesco): A Whole New World (Jasmine and Aladdin)

This is a follow up post after 2 years. Lol. Previously my whole order went missing and I got a refund. I re-ordered in July 2018 but Jafar was not available so I only got this and Abu. Sadly this arrived broken and that was the reason why I did not bother to mention about this anymore. For that, I got a full refund or else this would cost me USD 87.69.

I know Enesco from Jim Shore collections and thus I was quite excited with this Disney Enchanting Collection. Sadly, Enesco is just a distributor or something because the quality of this Enchanting Collection is so far worse than Jim Shore collections. Right from the packaging, the box is thin and flimsy. It is plain and only has a sticker to label the content of the box. The styrofoam is so fragile and flakes off so easily that taking out and placing back inside the box is challenging. The worst is yet to come: the orientation of the figurine inside the box is not upright according to the box orientation o_0 The box has to be rotated 90 degrees (i.e. the lid is sideways) so that the figurine inside is standing up. The figurine itself is lacklustre with shoddy paint jobs and glitters which are coming off.

The design is so similar to previous figurines (such as WDCC and Disney Traditions) which is quite boring but unavoidable since A Whole New World is the only scene in which Jasmine and Aladdin (in Prince Ali outfit) are together. With the similar design, it is not a surprise that this one also shares the same fate of arriving with a broken tassel too. Not to mention the box orientation issue earlier which I am sure contributed to how the tassel ended up damaged. Haiz.. I did not write in previous post but even the WDCC has one broken tassel which I only realised many years after as the crack line is so fine.

The box measures 26.5cm (L) x 28.5cm (H) x 22.5cm (W) and the figure is 21.5cm tall.
The packaging is simply a blue box with a sticker -_-"
The broken tassel at the back :(
The sculpts for the face is pretty but Aladdin looks like having sore eyes
Jasmine is pretty
From this angle, the sore eyes look even worse
The following pictures are to show the lousy quality more obviously.
Shoddy paint job on Jasmine's pants
Shoddy paint job is so apparent on Aladdin's shoulder. Gosh someone please give him eyedrops!
They are lazy to design Carpet and just add glitters which turn out to be an epic fail because they are flaking off
The funny thing about the broken tassel is a protruding wire. Naturally I thought the wire is supposed to go in to the part where it breaks so I could avoid gluing. Strangely, there is no 'hole' for the wire to go in. I never fix this part as I have no space to display this. I think it will break again if I keep it in the box after gluing. Anyway, I think I will cut off the wire when I need to glue it since the wire is preventing complete contact of the broken surfaces.

If you notice, I never took a photo to put all 3 'A Whole New World' figurines side by side. It is not that I hate this figurine. I am simply running out of space. I do not even have a space to put all 3 together to take a photo.

No comments: