Friday, July 31, 2020

Schmid Aladdin figurine

I have never heard of Schmid brand before but it seems to have a quite long history in porcelain industry. I came across of this figurine while searching for Aladdin 20th Anniversary figurine by Costa Alavezos that I missed buying and never come across since then. That was in 2013 but I only bought this Schmid figurine in 2018. Honestly, the face is ugly. The reason for finally buying this was because I bought other Aladdin porcelain figurines during my Japan trip in September 2018. Perhaps after that I sort of could tolerate ugly faces. Haha...

I think these are handpainted because the images online are not identical. I do not know when this was produced but there seems to be a never ending listing in eBay. I see some listings have more acceptable faces than mine. Lol. Anyway I bought 2 of this since the shipping fee (USD 19.08) was double of the price of the figurine itself (USD 9.50). So in total I paid USD 38.08 (SGD 53.50) for two. The box measures 13.2cm (L) x 19cm (H) x 9.3cm (W) and the figurine itself is around 18cm.
The print quality of the images and text on the box is so bad that perhaps these are not originals? I don't know..
Aladdin in one of his signature poses (the other is hands folded across the chest)
The paint job is actually pretty good. Just that for this piece, the eyeballs are too 'far' out
A random basket which is definitely to ensure that the figurine is stable
Another mark of 'uniqueness' of each figurine, the 'hole' on the foot always looks different in various photos I see on eBay.
Although I have 2, I am too lazy to take both for a side by side comparison. 

No comments: