Thursday, July 23, 2020

Verdict is out

Yesterday I felt as if I was going to receive my sentence to undergo surgery again when I went to see doctor today. I even started praying for intercession from St Jude again this week as I think my situation is hopeless again. Doctor asked me to cough repeatedly and strongly. He also pressed where I felt the discomfort and I told him that it was not comfortable that. The good news is it is not hernia. The bad news is I do not know what is wrong. I just have to live with whatever discomfort I am feeling and hopefully it will go away. I even get a clearance for exercise without restrictions. I am not into weights but even with weights, doctor said to just do slowly and gradually if I want instead of going heavy at one go.

I am partly relieved for now because previously from the first time I started to feel something was not right until the surgery took about 6 months. I cannot help but think perhaps if the hernia is too small, it is not noticeable yet and there is nothing can be done about it. Oh well, since there is nothing can be done now, I shall try not too think too much about this. I want to start exercising again but I still have a bit of fear. Maybe I wait until Monday to resume.

The weighing machine in my room really needs replacement. It shows 59kg now but I weighed 61.65kg at the clinic. This means I was more than 70kg at one point of time because my highest weight was 68kg according to my weighing machine. Anyway below is the current state of my weighing machine.
'Fat until weighing machine broke' is not a joke anymore
With the crowd I experienced today, I think people do not give a damn about the COVID situation anymore. This is Thursday and yet train to town, Orchard and even the hospital were crowded. Junction 8 was even more crowded that Orchard. Wew.. I thought I could eat out today but even the usually not so popular restaurants were also crowded. I wonder what secret these people have that they can tahan wearing the masks. I wore for around 3 hours plus in total today and my face feels so irritated right now. I have dental appointment this Saturday so it is gonna be another few hours with mask on again.

No comments: