Monday, June 12, 2023

Divine reprimand

I received Tsume Ikigai statues of Gemini, Poseidon and Hades yesterday. Poseidon and Hades' boxes are surprisingly compact, which is a good thing, and it seems that I will not need to rent a new space for the next few statues. I will definitely need to reshuffle the boxes as I prefer for the boxes which still contain the statues to be on top of those without the statues.
I decided to read through the rest of the Book of Tobit to know how Tobit's life ended to find out that he passed away at the age of 112. What the!! This seems to be another divine reprimand after the homily about Ascension few weeks ago for me to stop praying to die. It is as if God was telling me off: keep praying for death like Tobit and I am gonna make you live until 112! Nooo... please no... A part of me still hopes that they miscalculated the years in the olden days and perhaps it was 42, not 112. But yeah, this is kinda crazy because I feel so discouraged and angry at God that I even dreamt about posting in my facebook that God does not exist and religion is a lie few days ago.

I am currently behaving like a spoilt brat to God and I am complaining for everything. When He gives me A, I would be angry why it is not B. When He gives me B, I would still be angry that it is not A instead. This morning I was complaining that majority had not sent me news update for the bulletin because I could not start preparing for the next bulletin yet. Now that my partner sent me the stories which she had finished editing, I am complaining because that means I can at least start preparing. Food is another example. Abstaining from the potato chips and sugary drinks annoy me so much, especially since my weight loss seems to be plateauing. Yet I felt so upset with myself after I had Popeye's for lunch yesterday and I overate for lunch yesterday. What is exactly I want? Sigh..

Not sure why I got the inkling to go to Takashimaya after gym this morning but it was nice to see the animefest at B2. It has been a blessings that I have no time to follow anime and game that much anymore since the prices for anime merchandises nowadays are mad. Anime figures nowadays are around $200 at least. Gosh! Previously when I was still crazy with collecting, anything above $100 already felt so expensive. In the end, I still bought something though. Hahaha... This time, Gundam Universe series for Heavyarms and Sandrock are on sale for $19 each. My patience pays off since I only bought discounted Wing and Deathscythe in December. Shenlong and Tallgeese are still not discounted so I shall wait. The emo thing is that my Sandrock box is crushed! I already chose and inspected to make sure I took the box with mint condition and I still missed it. Sian...

No comments: