Sunday, June 25, 2023

House search (part 1)

Since it is likely going to be once-in-a-lifetime affair which is not going to end painlessly soon, I think I should record my experience. As my fixed deposits are ending (with one more coming by mid-July), I have been more active and serious in searching for a condo to buy. My top priority is not to move somewhere too far from my current location as I still want to be near the church or it will be a huge factor for me to start stop going church again.

It has been frustrating because with the amount I can afford currently, 2 BR is mostly out of my reach for those condos near my current place. There is one condo which is not older than others (TOP 2012) and one 2 BR unit put on sale is still tenanted until Feb next year while another one which is vacant is ridiculously priced. As I would like to move in as soon as possible, I will KIV those tenanted for now. The vacant one was originally listed 18% more expensive than the most recent transaction. Last week, the listing price was reduced by 60k and it is still 13% overpriced.

I went to view yesterday and the current condition does not justify the price seller asked. While the wall is okay, the flooring definitely needs some work. My standard as a homeless is already quite low so I doubt anyone will accept that price. Anyway I was not too upset because I preferred the other unit which is still tenanted because with the same unit size, the other unit only has 1 bathroom instead of two which means there is more space for the master bedroom. That master bedroom has more windows and feels more airy too.

Of course I am 'gambling' as I cannot predict the future. I do not want to lock myself in since February is still 8 months away. There is possibility that people may reduce price or more units put up on s ale. At the same time, perhaps someone would already buy the unit with tenancy.

There is another 2 BR in another condo which is also ridiculously priced at 20% more than the last transaction in the same condo. This one has a very enthusiastic agent who updates the listing very frequently. I do not think this one will sell since at such ridiculous price when the location is least convenient among the condos around my area.

It seems that God still wants me to be a homeless wanderer. Haiz.. Surprisingly I do not feel as agitated or frustrated after the viewing yesterday. In fact, I was chill when there was no update since Tuesday when I said I was interested in that unit. Only suddenly on Saturday morning my friend agent asked me if I could do viewing in the afternoon. I think after giving up on praying to die and giving up everything to God, it is easier to trust that eventually God's plan for prevail. For now I can only pray for sellers to drop their prices or for the one tenanted until February to be still unsold until end of the year. Or maybe God has other plan beyond this.

No comments: