Saturday, March 20, 2021

St Joseph

I had a random dream on Friday morning about passing by a group of SJI students who were doing their outdoor field trip. I saw teachers who were around since my time as a student and I was impressed that they were still teaching there after so long and they were still looking as they were. Another two faces were also vivid: one was another guy from another class whom I never knew and one was a classmate whom I cannot remember the name now.

I thought it was because I messed up my sleep on Thursday night. I overslept for my evening nap and I only woke up at past 2am. Then I played game for awhile before returning to sleep at past 3am. When I was scrolling through facebook newsfeed in the morning, I read a post about there is no need to observe Friday abstinence if a Solemnity falls on that Friday. Yesterday was the Solemnity of the Feast of St Joseph. Aha! So maybe this was the reason of having a dream related to my SJI nostalgia.

I went for my dental clinic this morning and I am happy that there is no major staining issue this time. I was hoping to go to gym but I could not make it. Based on the bus timing estimation, I would have just missed a bus. The next bus was in 14 minutes and it would be too late to reach my gym. Since I was already at Somerset, I decided to drop by to Donki. That was my first visit in more than a year. Oh boy... I felt everything was so expensive now. After not shopping there for so long, I am no longer immune to the prices. Having not been to Japan also does not make crave for Japanese snacks that badly. Even so, after much deliberation, I ended spending more than $20 for my lunch. Hahaha..
It may be another 6 months before I have the chance to visit Donki again so why not splurge just for this once
I am tired of hearing the word 'hospital'. After his scope on Wednesday, my uncle was discharged today. Yesterday I was told that my sister has been hospitalised due to dengue. Then this morning I received news that another uncle has stage 4 prostate cancer. It is really sad thinking that my uncles and aunties are now at the old ages and receiving news of any of them falling sick or even pass away maybe a norm soon. Haiz.. I know I should not be thinking this way but I really cannot help but wishing that I die young.

No comments: