Sunday, March 7, 2021

Getting better.. hopefully

I was okay on Tuesday and was able to resume gym-ing. Sadly, I had the stomach discomfort again on Wednesday. It was not gastric pain but the feeling that the food was not going down. It was better on Thursday since I still managed to exercise. Yet, even after the exercise, the 'full' feeling did not go away. Luckily, it has been alright since Friday.

I noticed a pattern: my stomach was feeling slightly better when I had potato chips the night before. A perfect excuse for my lack of discipline with my abandoned Lenten promise. I did not have any potato chips on Friday but my stomach was okay yesterday so potato chips played no role in all these. Still, I went to buy yesterday. Haha.. I sort of lost it since the Winnie the Pooh cold cup (which I bought for my sister) from Coffee Bean came with a free drink which I did not expect. It was a waste of calories since the mocha was so diluted that I hardly tasted any coffee or chocolate. I am past my addiction for such Starbucks or Coffee Bean drinks so the sucky mocha at least did not tempt me to return.

Since my stomach has nothing to do with potato chips, I am resuming my abstinence again from this third Sunday of Lent. I managed to resist the temptation today so I am confident that I would be able to last until Easter.

From the past 2 weekends, Grab is falling out of my favour and I am returning to Deliveroo. I noticed that Grab's delivery free is dishonest. The 'more information' seems to suggest that the delivery fee surges to get more driver but it is actually dynamic depending on the total order. I tested it on the same moment by changing my total order from past $8, $10 and $12 and the delivery fee kept changing. The final straw was this morning. Delivery fees of $5-$6+ only at 10am is just ridiculous. Before these past 2 weeks, I only noticed higher delivery fees nearer 12pm which is reasonable considering that is close to lunch time when many people may be ordering. That prompted me to check Deliveroo and ooh la la.. Yesterday I forced myself to order $15 to get 15% off in Grab while Deliveroo is having the 20% off for $12 from the same restaurant plus Grab's fee was 1.5x of Deliveroo's for this.

And tomorrow is my week of reporting to office. Sian -_-

No comments: