Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Genki desu ka?

I collected the letter from Embassy so I shall not be burdened by any of these matters anymore. Again I am overwhelmed by negativity towards my parents. Great! After leaving me homeless for more than half of my life, now my mum still pressured me that as a son I should do this and that. Pui! Still dare to say son without seeing what kind of parents asking their children to be hopeless. Haiz.. I know it is wrong to bear this grudge but I am simply I cannot get over this even by praying on this daily.

I went to gym after that and I am glad to see one coach who I had not been seeing was actually away for reservist. Haha..  I would be sad if he actually left. Recently there are too many new coaches in the gym and I prefer familiar face.

I was supposed to have a dinner appointment on Thursday but my friend asked if today would be good. Just nice and she agreed to meet at Orchard. I have not been to Orchard since before CNY so it was therapeutic. Sadly, Doraemon statue outside Gucci at Paragon is no longer there. I enjoyed myself at Kinokuniya. Now there are self-check out stations but interestingly, they were not used while the queue for the cashiers persisted. I noticed that there are more light novels than mangas nowadays. These light novels also have long and funny titles. Just an example that caught my eyes is titled The Hero is Overpowered by Overly Cautious. Anyway I am not that interested with light novels. I have enough of reading text from my daily work.

So far my waiting to buy list still only consists of Slam Dunk Illustration Book 2 and Haikyuu! Complete Illustration book. There is nothing else that I am interested to buy yet. I realise that I may be slowly growing out of this hobby as well. I saw 2 FFXV artbooks. Normally I would be excited to get them collection but I was not excited at all. It maybe because I do not play FFXV but previously I had bought a FFXV artbook.

The same sentiment continued when I was at the Toy Fair at Takashimaya B1. PG Wing Zero Custom Pearl Edition was on sale for $329. The original price is over $600. Normally I would be very very excited and tempted but today I was like: I have no space so don't even think of buying. I did not even bother to google what the original price is to see if the $329 sale price was real or fake discount. Haha... Usually I would do that if I am really interested in sale goods.

I suck in recommending food but initially I had Ma Maison in mind since it was one of the restaurants I passed by when I was loitering at Takashimaya. After my friend arrived, I suggested to her to check out the B2 area near the underpass. I have not been there since COVID area since the underpass there is closed and is only accessible from B1. There is nothing interesting there and before going up the escalator, we decided to have Genki Sushi.

Genki Sushi always has long queue so we were quite excited to see only a pair queuing. Now Genki Sushi is advanced with automated queue number generator so that must be the reason why there was nobody queueing although there were already 5 groups in the queue. Since there were only only 2 groups of two people, we would be the third and we decided that it should not take that long. It turned out to be still almost 15 minutes of wait. Haha.. If there were more people loitering there and the 15 minutes wait was displayed, I would definitely find something else as I hate queueing for food.

It was my second time ever eating at Genki and I still cannot understand why people love it so much. I agree that the quality is not bad but I think the price is not that cheap and the serving is not filling. If not because of my recent stomach woes, I would definitely spend more than the $23 today.

The random post title is simply because I ate Genki earlier. Lol. Anyway the answer is genki jyanai. I am still tired after 'chionging' my online photobook yesterday. This maybe my last one since I don't know if I will create one for my Taiwan trip. I may have to check the photos if they are nice as for me, Taiwan is not as memorable in Japan haha.. I chionged because I got a free $11.90 credit that had to be utilised by 23 March. I did not know if I could use that to buy discounted voucher and if I had to use it for shipping fee then I had to finish the book by the 23rd. It turned out that I could use it to offset the voucher. I rushed for nothing since I cannot process the book this week as the delivery may come on the week when I am in office. I will only process it on the week when I am in the office so it will arrive when I am working from home. The good thing is that I will have 1.5 weeks to do the final check and touch up. Huhuhu... where is the joy? Creating online photobook should be a joy instead of causing me stress.

No comments: