Sunday, January 29, 2023

Dropped the ball again

It is not surprising nor unexpected that I already broke the CNY resolutions right from the second day of CNY. I was contemplating if I should order delivery for lunch but I decided not to. Many eateries were still not open and the closest option that I almost ordered cost almost $30. I went to recce Thomson Plaza and ironically, my lunch at The Grumpy Bear ended up even more expensive than $30. Usually they have 40-50% off at Deliveroo so I really did not expect it would be that expensive. Haiz.. The chicken cutlet was unique but too little meat that made it rather expensive. The milkshake was horrible and still not worth it even after they gave me an extra glass. They said they made too much and there might not be crowd due to day 2 CNY so might as well give me the extra than throwing it away.

On the day after, I had Long John's Silver again. The same exact menu (3 pcs chicken set meal plus their cheesy chips) that I had on CNY eve. I also had my usual Popeyes lunch after my volunteering session yesterday which made me realise that Long John's Silver is more value for money. From next week onwards, I will check if there will be seats there and that will be my new Saturday lunch menu. Ooops.. I just remember that from February onwards, the shift timing is shortened to be until 12pm so maybe I would not be so hungry that I need a dine-in lunch which means I no longer need these fast food anymore.

Yesterday also marked my first time doing CNY visit to a non-relative in more than a decade. The last time I did that was when my rental place was at the landed house located only one street away from my friend's house. I was quite touched to be invited because I am quite antisocial in Landings and do not expect to be counted as someone to be in their circle. Haha.. Some more I am not musically inclined and sing karaoke. Anyway, the pizza, Arnold's fried chicken and durian for dinner also add to the plethora of junk food this week. My throat was dry this morning but the durian made it worth the suffering.

Yet I still had Ruffles for dinner. Yeah, I pledged not to buy potato chips that cost more than $4 and the promotion this week is for 3 packs of Ruffles for $12. I saw and managed to resist on Friday but I gave up yesterday. Previous attempt to resist was useless since it made me resort to alternatives: chewable candies like Yupi kind. I also ate instant noodle again today :( I did not have enough sleep last night although I am glad I still managed to wake up and stay awake for 7am mass today. My intention was a light lunch with the instant noodle and one bread so that I could go for gym after that. The gym also did not happen because I decided to pay back some sleep and then to play game in the evening. It has been indeed a double whammy with all the junk food intake and yet not gym-ing enough.

The best thing about this CNY long break was my catch up with Genshin Impact. Although I am playing it daily, I am really falling behind with the optional quests since Sumeru introduction. So there are like more than 6 months worth of content to catch up. I only managed to clear 2 hahaha.. Gosh.. Honestly I do not enjoy Sumeru quests as much as Inazuma quests. There is too much talking with Sumeru quests and they are not really related to the characters or the main story. The quests feel like for the sake of unlocking new areas and getting the pathetic primogems from the chests. I thank God for my luck with this recent patch since I managed to win 50/50 for Al-Haitham and his signature weapon too. Yes to the green man and his green sword. This is also my second 5-star sword and the first with attack stats since previously my only 5-star sword is Nilou's sword whose secondary HP stat is only useful for her.

Still related to Genshin, I did a random internet quiz about Which Genshin Impact Character are You? last year. Usually this kind of random quiz is kinda rubbish and just for fun. However, I keep a screenshot for this because I am surprised that the result is kinda accurate for me. Because of this quiz, I actually tried to play more with Sayu but too bad, I just cannot click with her character design and gameplay lol. Zhong Li + Wanderer + Alhaitham are my favourite characters for now. The fourth one should be Baizhu and unfortunately, the four of them has no synergy for the battle at all. Haha..

No comments: