Sunday, January 8, 2023

Back to complaining mode

I have kept a clean sheet to abstain from bubble tea since I returned here last June but somehow I cannot replicate it to potato chips and bottled drinks :( After finishing peanuts, I saw the buy 2 get 1 free Kettle potato chips was still ongoing at Junction 8. My initial reaction was anger because I bought that offer at the end of last year thinking that it would be over by new year. Since I was carrying laptop after work and I had to buy more urgent needs (bananas, Yakult) which were heavier, I decided that I would buy that on Saturday. The promo was no longer there yesterday -_- Well, perhaps it was God's helping hand to shield me from temptation.

Nope... Today I bought 2 bags of Lays for $8.40 from Cold Storage. I am 100% sure it was out of disappointment from failing to get Kettle yesterday because normally Lays is an easy skip for me. Kettle and Ruffles are still my top 2. As a consolation, I was able to resist the bottled drinks since Cold Storage is still having the 2 for $2.80 for Nescafe Chococino and even 2 for $2.70 for Pokka Peppermint Mocha. Honestly, it was more like I could only choose one out of the two poisons since I already had too many things in my hand.

I do not normally go shopping unless for a necessity and this weekend, it was to find gifts to return the Christmas gifts from colleagues. I plan to 'return' with CNY gifts and finding cheap CNY gifts is impossible. There are not really CNY-themed useful accessories and the food-stuff are mainly those people exchange during visitations. Hence, I decided with some tidbits. I checked out Donki yesterday and today my plan was to check Daiso if I could find any accessories. Otherwise, I would just get from Donki. Luckily Daiso has some tidbits so I ended up buying from there rather than going to Donki again.

Even checking out Donki yesterday was a by the way thing since my main purpose was to collect this year Singapore Mint Rabbit coins at Suntec City. So I just realised that there is Donki at Suntec too! Anyway, the collection was awful. I waited almost 40 minutes because there was only one counter serving the collection. It was manned by two persons and they were so slow. Gosh.. next time I would not bother to pre-order if the collection is at the store and not at roadshows. I never had such a terrible experience at the roadshows, perhaps because there were more staff.

I suppose life is slowly returning to normal that I can start posting more frequently and just to complain. That was what I mainly did before COVID. Haha... Okay if there is one thing that I should be grateful of is that I realise some improvement with my body recovery period for gym. This week I managed to go for the next sessions after 1 or 2 days of rest. It does not feel as demoralising as 3 or 4 days of rest when I just restarted. I also felt less terrible for push ups and I tried jump pulls today. Hopefully after CNY, my body can fully return to alternate days.

No comments: