Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Lost prayers

A game is supposed to be fun but Genshin Impact is giving me stress with the need to save primogems and then getting rubbish from the gacha. I finally decided to roll until pity for the recently ended weapon banner since both the featured 5* weapons have critical rate sub-stat. I am okay to get either the bow (Skyward Harp) or the catalyst (Lost Prayer to the Sacred Winds) since I will have characters to equip them. I am more inclined with the bow for my Childe though and with that intention, obviously I got the catalyst. I felt a bit disappointed but then I remembered that I should be grateful that I did not get the 25% of getting the non-featured weapons.

I saved until almost 22000 primogems and now I ended up with 33. I was left with 18000+ after pulling for the weapon on Monday. Sadly history repeats itself. I failed my 50/50 pity for Zhongli again just like his first banner previously. Haiz... at least now I finally can have 2 pillars with him and I managed to get 3 Yanfei. It is time to save again.

I realise that so far I have spent more than $100 for Genshin Impact. Approximately I spent around $25 every 6 weeks. Prior to this, the highest I ever spent for a game was $100 for Tidus skin in FF Mobius. It was a one-time spent and the impact was huge. I never spent on FF Mobius anymore since then. The smaller but more consistent spending in Genshin Impact currently feels less noticeable but more shocking when everything is added together. But then, I am still enjoying the game so this is like spending $1 for happiness daily. It is still cheaper as compared to pleasuring myself with bubble tea, junk food, fast food and all that. Perspective? Or is it just an excuse?

Today is the fifth day that I am able to resist potato chips and I have to keep reminding myself to resist mocha drink at work. I am quite disheartened as I still have yet to see any weight loss. I am trying to convince myself that the body is feeling some effects since I am feeling very tired and hungry these last few days. I just have to be patient but for dinner earlier, I decided to get shumais to give my body some protein.

It is also possible that my tiredness is due to lack of sleep because it is my turn to be in office this week. My mood is still happy, though, since my prayer is answered: the two bitches are not coming to the office. Hurray.

In addition, I sold my JLA vs Avengers comic books which have been listed on Carousell for almost 5 years. Lol. The buyer messaged me in the morning and we completed the transaction this evening. He bargained from $80 to $60. I decided to agree if he was willing to collect it directly from my place and he agreed. It was his luck as apparently he stayed not too far from my location. Anyway I still made profits since according to my record, I bought these together with 15 other comics for a total of less than $110. I sold these because in the end I also bought the Collectors' Edition of the JLA vs Avengers. Somehow I do not have the record of how much the Collectors' Edition cost me. Was it refunded or something? Hmm... Most importantly, I think now I find a trick for people who ask for quite significant discount. As long as after the bargain I still make some profits, I will just ask them to collect directly from my home to save me the convenience. Hohoho...

No comments: