Sunday, April 25, 2021

Battling addiction and temptations

Today is the second day in a row that I managed to stay away from any sort of potato chips. It is not perfect too since instead of buying potato chips, I bought candies yesterday. Haiz.. At this point, it is simply exchanging potato chips with any lesser alternatives. The only good thing I learnt was that next time I will not be tempted in The Natural Confectionery Co chews anymore. I was tempted by the $7.95 for 2 packs (220gr each) promotion while the normal price is $4.95 each. The chew (that's how they call the 'candy') is too big for my mouth and ironically, too hard to chew. For a start, I will aim for a clean sheet until May which is only 1 week. There is no ongoing promotion for the potato chips that I like so I really should stop my addiction buy getting random brands with the excuse of trying even though I have tried them before and they are not really my favourites.

Aside from potato chips, my food delivery for April is simply astronomical. Usually I avoid buying when the delivery fee exceeds $2. That limits my options to food places approximately 1km around my place. With the limited options which I really like, I am sort of sick of these few places. Thanks to the ongoing $1 delivery fee from Deliveroo, it makes spending so much easier especially from places further which I will never get under normal delivery fee.

My latest addiction is Popeyes XL Chicken. It is similar to the style of Taiwanese XXL Chicken and the chicken texture is different from usual fast food chicken used in burgers. I don't find it spicy on the tongue but it will leave a warm and pseudo-burning sensation in the stomach. I know I am supposed to avoid spicy food but this is the last weekend of April so I definitely will not eat this chicken anymore. And since this is the last weekend of $1 delivery, I decided to order for dinner instead of having bananas. I found Tuk Tuk Cha $15 set which has main dish, desert and milk tea. It is even better since it also gets the 30% off promotion. Dang!! This is even better than the $12.90 Popeyes XL Chicken set. Lol. Don't be greedy don't be greedy. Remember your weighing scale!

It is my turn to go office tomorrow. Normally I will feel very emo but this time I feel somewhat better after hearing one office bitch is finally leaving. Too bad it is still another 1+ month but I hope she asks to stay at home so that I don't need to see her anymore. In my previous job, I only experienced the sadness of seeing good colleagues leaving. Now is my first time experiencing the joy of having a sucker to leave. Thank God that I was able to maintain my composure in the barrage of bitchiness last year. At least I do not compromise my own standing and professionalism and now this bitch is leaving.

This Sunday is the Good Shepherd Sunday and 'vocation' is the magic word. Time is ticking and I still don't know and am finding what my vocation is. Everyday I pray to find something that will bring me happiness, bring joy to others and glorify God. Prayers are still unanswered and I am getting tired of living. Then I receive this in the latest Archdiocese EDM. I suppose it is a reminder for me not to give up and just continue praying.

No comments: