Sunday, May 2, 2021

Lifestyle improvement

It is May now which means one-third of the year has passed just like *that*. And 2021 does not seem going to be better than 2020. Thanks to $1 delivery fee promotion from Deliveroo, my food spending for April was 1.5x of my usual amount. That is the trigger for me to 'fix' my food lifestyle starting from this month.

I already used my potato chips allowance for the first week of May yesterday. I spent it for Thins brand which was on 50% off at $2.05. I never tried the cheese and onion flavour before but now I know that I will not be tempted for Thins brand anymore. To be more strict with myself, on top of the 1 potato chips per week, I will limit it only to the Kettle brand and if it is on sale. The current promotion of $7.60 for 2 bags of Ruffles which also comes with Subway coupon is sooo tempting. Back in my students days, I would not hesitate to buy such promotions. Sigh... but now.. So ironic that I have the money but cannot afford the fats.

Usually weekend is an excuse for me to just order food delivery. I did not do so yesterday since I had to get banana from supermarket. That made me decided to try the Grab self-collect option which has the 30% off. Comparing to order it as delivery, I saved $5 in total in exchange of 30 minutes of my time under the sun to walk to the restaurant. Is it worth it? I don't think so. It may be worth it if I consider the walking as physical excercise. Hahaha... However, I don't mind doing this again if the weather permits since usually I always shower before sleeping after going back from gym. So add another round of sweating is not a big deal. Let's see if this is just a fleeting thought or I can continue.

I felt very blessed this morning although I was late for 2 minutes for Mass. I set up 2 alarm timings and each will snooze 3x before they will stop altogether. When I woke up, I was telling myself to wait for one snooze before waking up as usual. Although that thought came, somehow I decided to just wake up and the alarm that woke up turned to be the second last snooze. If I did not wake up at that moment, I would definitely be very late and skipped the Mass today! Wew... I even skipped putting on the extension to my bermuda shorts to make it into long pants. If I insisted on doing that, I would be at least 5 minutes late. Thank goodness I managed to arrive just before the penitential rite so I really just missed a little bit. I noticed more and more empty seats which means more people were booking but did not attend. Haiz.. so selfish. They should just not book and allow other people who can attend to attend.

No comments: