Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Unwanted cake

This is going to sound so ungrateful but I am sad that my boss sent me a birthday cake. I find it a waste of money as I stay alone and there is no way I can finish the whole cake by myself. In the end I ate only a quarter of it and shared the rest with my landlord, landlady and the maid. More importantly I am not into this kind of office pretentiousness after knowing some colleagues are backstabbing bitches. Anyway it is like ownself buy since we all contribute money to common purse and then we just buy everyone birthday cakes. So lame.
$38 wasted
This cake also caused me to break my potato chips avoidance for only 2 days. Haiz.. I decided to have the cake as dinner and since this is already fattening, why not add a bag of potato chips. Lame reason I know but if this cake did not appear, I am pretty sure I will still be able to keep my commitment. Haiz.. it starts with day 0 again.

Since this is still in the topic of birthday, I bought something from KrisShop for the very first time. I bought the 2021 Year of the Ox Disney Medallions from Singapore Mint through Kris Shop which had 20% off for Easter. I was aiming for this item but I did not buy it since I was still sore that I did not sign up for the Singapore Mint membership when there was a promotion last year. I was waiting for such promotion again and then I can buy the item with members' price. With the 20% off, it is as good as the members' price so it was an easy decision to get.

Anyway my focus is not the item but the KrisShop experience. I purchased the item on Friday evening and I received the item on the following Monday. The content and the value of the package are not indicated in the label which I greatly appreciate for safety reason. After all this is for domestic delivery so there is no need for the courier to know. The packaging box is also impressive as I was expecting some generic box. The inner portion of the lid also has some batik pattern print but I was too lazy to take a picture of it. There is a code for $10 off for a minimum $80 purchase if I make another purchase by end May 2021. I don't have anything else to buy at the moment but I will not mind considering shopping from KrisShop again in the future as the present experience has been fantastic.
Birthday present from myself, by myself and for myself

No comments: