Saturday, May 27, 2023

Mookata

After more than a decade since I knew Mookata, I finally tried it yesterday as I went with my church community after the triduum. It was also my first time attending a triduum although the reason was more to support some members who were leading the praise and worship, rather than for the mass and to prepare for Pentecost tomorrow. Next time I will definitely think harder before attending any triduum since the homily is more of a talk around the theme of what is being celebrated. Yesterday's homily was almost 45 minutes and I found it exhausting. Some people said that was not so bad since it could even be an hour or more for triduum.

While I enjoyed the sweet smell and taste of the mookata marinate (rather than just burnt smell of BBQ or smoky smell of Korean BBQ), the two things I hate about eating this type of food are the same regardless of the type: the smell stuck on the clothes and the not enjoyable part of grilling, waiting and making sure that the meat is fully cooked. The most shocking experience from this mookata was how I still smelled like a moo after showering and changing to my home clothes. I discovered that the smell also came from my specs because of the oil getting stuck on both of my specs lenses.

At least yesterday's mookata is one small drop of happiness in an otherwise miserable week. My week is just ruined with my laptop dying again. Sigh.. Everything was still working normally on Sunday and I suddenly had the blue screen issue on Monday. The error message was mainly Memory Management so I  was not sure if it was caused by software or hardware.

I went to a computer repair shop at Midview City and it would take 1-2 working days just to diagnose -_- Luckily I still the contact of the repair uncle who I found on Carousell during COVID. He was also not sure of the cause but he suggested to change the SDD since it had already been 3 years. So far the laptop has been okay so perhaps the SDD was indeed the problem. Haiz... :( Seriously nowdays the lifespan of these electronic gadgets is getting shorter and shorter. Although it is painful for the wallet, I am not too emo this time because the laptop somehow was okay for 3 hours on Tuesday night and I already back up the files I need to my external HDD.

No comments: