Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Gacha luck

I have been playing too much game lately. Around one month ago or so, I finally decided to try Hero Wars. Yes, that game with frequent and annoying advertisements I keep seeing in Youtube. The game is nothing like the Youtube. It is the typical RPG gacha collector time and the maths puzzles in those advertisements only make a very small part of the game. Hero Wars is not that demanding since there is no real story line and the events are mainly about getting rewards from doing the normal daily parts of the game. Having said that, it still takes my time and I dropped Tears of Themis for this.

I tried Ragnarok Origin Global after seeing the frequent advertisement in Hero Wars. Damn! Haha.. It reminds me of my good old Cabal days since I have not touched any MMORPG ever since. The gameplay is quite enjoyable but unfortunately my iPad cannot really support. It frustrates me since the game crashes quite frequently. Nevertheless, it is just a matter of time before I would drop it since the game is also too time consuming (even one daily mission can be dancing AFK for 30 mins.. wth...) and too difficult even when fighting boss in a team. I hate games that force people to play in teams and too difficult to be solo-ed. The final reason for me to uninstall is the advent of Honkai Star Rail.

I think Mihoyo (now Hoyoverse) is doing very well for Genshin Impact that I am looking forward to Honkai Star Rail, even if it is a turn-based RPG. It is good not to duplicate Genshin but seriously turn-based RPG feels so slow and boring after experiencing action RPG. I plan to be F2P for Honkai Star Rail and I will see how it goes. Haha.. So far I have not fully enjoyed the game since I am still weak and have not really developed my characters. I still think I will still play this game for quite sometime since I love pretty characters and over-the-top attack animation of some characters. The most memorable one for now is Himeko drinking tea while her satellite shoots lasers at the enemies from outer space. Before the game launch, the character which caught my interest was Dan Heng just because he looks like Zhongli in Genshin! Although he is only 4-star in Honkai Star Rail, he is given for free so oh yeah.. I can use him as my main.
Zhongli and Dan Heng - both are spear users too!
I chiong-ed over the weekend to get enough tickets for the beginner's discount banner and I got Bronya, who is considered by many as the best standard character since she can buff and make the buffed character to have their turn immediately. I am more into husbando so I prefer Gepard or Welt but I am very happy since I get the so called best character from the available options.

Gacha gods have been looking at me in favour too. I have been saving my primogems in Genshin Impact for Baizhu. When Nahida came back, I was tempted to get her to C2 instead. In the end I decided to stop at C1 so that I still have enough for Baizhu, even if I lose 50/50. When the latest patch arrived yesterday, I finished all my savings for Baizhu, Amos Bow and Ganyu. I am lucky that I won 50/50 for the characters from Nahida onwards. However, Amos Bow was an accident as I was only hoping to get the 4-star weapons that I do not own yet. It is Nilou all over again. Since I get the weapon, I might as well try for its best-in-slot character and luckily I got Ganyu just as my primogems ran out. Now I know why she is so good. With only leftover artifacts and level 40 Amos Bow (since I don't have enough materials), she already hits harder than my Zhongli who I have been investing. Her charged attack style is indeed boring but seeing her perma-freezing the hydro enemies as I farm for her weapon's material is satisfying.

I don't have ready artifacts for Baizhu but his healing already keeps my team at full HP even without Zhongli. In fact, currently I am using a full friendship-point farming party with Layla and three newly pulled characters: Baizhu, Ganyu and Kaveh. They are all still hitting like wet noodles, even for daily commissions. Perhaps Baizhu can make me less dependent on Zhongli hehe.. After all, I know I want to pull for Baizhu since he first appeared in game 2 years ago. Someone working in a pharmacy (not to mention its funny name Bubu pharmacy), wearing glasses, green design and catalyst/magic user... ahh.. everything that I like. I would main him if he is an attacker but oh well, being a healer suits his character better. He is a doctor working in a pharmacy after all.
Glad that Baizhu gets a classy splash art
Aaahh it is very therapeutic to write a random post purely about gaming. Though I nearly had a heart attack when I could not proceed with the Sumeru event opening scene with my iPad kept crashing. Gosh.. I even reinstalled the whole game and updated my iOS to no avail. I tried to download but the game size in PC is even bigger than my laptop's total storage size. My almost 5-year old phone was the saviour. I never expect it to be able to run such a modern game but desperate time called for desperate measures. I downloaded and thank God my phone helped me to at least get past that cutscene. The 3 hours wait just to download the game to the phone was worth it.

No comments: