Sunday, May 30, 2021

Sweets temptation

I am able to but it is getting harder to fend off the temptations for bubble tea. Learning from my experience with potato chips, I know once I give in even once, it is going to be difficult to refrain myself. Unfortunately, my weak defense is by finding alternatives aka excuses. I sort of overcome the daily sweet bottled drinks and now I will only buy when I feel like as compared to previously when I will plan my buying to ensure that I have at least once a day. I have give up on potato chips as I am unable to stick to one bag per week. I am pretty happy as long as not eating one bag daily now. The latest enemy is chocolate or candies. I was serious contemplating to get Yupi or Kopiko this morning but I told myself perhaps to consider in June when I need chalk up $500 monthly spending.

I have a rather emo week. On Monday, I remembered about Mass booking for June on Tuesday. When Tuesday came, I only remembered about it when I prayed Rosary in the evening. As expected, all slots were gone which means I will not go to Church for the whole June. It is ironic how I am longing for it when I cannot go but when I can go, sometimes I wish I cannot. This morning was an example as it was so difficult for me to get up and part of me was wishing that it would rain. Luckily I had no desire to shit this morning so even though I only woke up fully at 6am, I still had enough time to reach the Mass on time.

I am currently watching at Thai drama with setting at at Japanese corporation. It is quite interesting that sometimes they speak Japanese and English too. It is a norm that office-based drama always has office bitch(es) as the antagonists. At times I feel like strangling the director since why the bitch hates the main character for not much reason. Then I recall my own experience: I did not do anything much yet bitch gonna hate. Ok so it is pretty realistic hahaha.. Anyway the bitch in my team finally left so I am looking forward to hopefully better working environment.

This morning I saw a post of a facebook friend who bought a condo and moved in. Haiz.. It got me so angry and jealous. Of course I am not angry at him but at my own situation. Worse, I went to that condo viewing 5 years ago. At that time I was not to keen as the balcony took quite a significant amount of the floor area. Anyway my preference meant nothing since in the end my dad preferred to keep his money in the bank. What is the point since in the end, he could not bring it to grave while making me unhappy all these while. Being unfilial person, I can only say seriously what the fuck.

Something interesting this week was my first volunteering session in being a resume coach. I signed up to be youth career guide since I cannot remember when but with COVID etc, in the end I never joined any of the sessions. This was my first time contributing and initially I was even reluctant and wondered if I was 'worthy'. Since they were looking only for 10 people, I thought the chance of getting rejected because the slots were already filled would be greater and I just signed up. I was paired up with someone who already has a bond after graduation so she would not be using her resume in the near future. Thus I did not feel so stressed and I am happy with the experience.

It has been really a long time since I bought any toys but I am still subscribed to shop newsletters for the most recent pre-orders and arrival. I am not a fan of Nendoroid but it is interesting to see more varieties and no longer limited to only Japanese anime/manga or Disney stuff. I see Venti from Genshin Impact will be getting one and I am even more surprised to see the characters from one of the Thai series I watched last year are also getting Nendoroids. Hehe.. luckily they are Nendoroids. If they are full figures... ouch.. that will be really a huge temptation.

No comments: