Thursday, May 6, 2021

Impulse and remorse

I spent over $500 in just a few clicks last night. After holding out for few months, the time has come for me to purchase Slam Dunk and Haikyu!! artbooks. I waited until past midnight just so that my Kinokuniya membership starts today, rather than yesterday. The two books and the membership cost around $200. Then I remembered seeing a limited edition FFXV Official Works so I decided to check it out at Amazon. I bought 3 FF XV books and the Art of the Movie for Avengers' Endgame for a total of USD 230.

As I was trying to sleep, I was overwhelmed with regret about the Amazon purchase. I do not really play FF XV so I do not really care about it. If I am just interested to read, then why should I buy the limited edition. The regular edition goes for USD 40 while the limited edition is USD 200 (although it goes for USD 135 with the ongoing offer at Amazon). Basically it is extra USD 100 just for additional nice packaging, a notebook and an acrylic display. I switched on my laptop again and decided to cancel the whole Amazon order. When cancelling, I realised that I actually purchased both the regular and the limited edition of the FF XV Official Works.  I did not realise that initially as the covers are different. I was too impulsive that I did not even notice the names of the items which are identical except for the word Limited Edition. Fiuh.. thank goodness Amazon only charges upon shipping and still allows cancellation before the shipping process starts.

While this is settled, I am still emotionally struggling with toys issue. Yesterday I saw that Prime 1 is also having 1/4 statue of Dragon Shiryu. Haiz.. I bought Ikki last year and I am secretly hoping that it is cancelled because of COVID or something. I think it will still come out on time. I have no issue with spending the money but space issue is driving me crazy. Just the thought of having the item arrive, renting additional storage locker, transporting the item from my room to the locker is really sickening. After all what is the point of buying expensive statues and only to hide them away? Now I am even considering to even cancel my Ikki preorder although that means I have to forgo my $580 deposit. Haiz.. This leads me back to the agony and reality that my dream of owning my own home to display all my collections is just a dream. And there I go to the thoughts of it is better to die than to continue living this homeless life. FML.

No comments: