Saturday, May 15, 2021

Sitcom

The weather continues to be unpleasantly hot until I thought my aircon was broken. Usually I am good with 27-28 degrees but now I need to set at 26 degree to be comfortable. It is impossible to sleep without the aircon now because it still feels uncomfortably hot even when I increase my fan speed. Because of sleeping with aircon, I always wake up with nasal congestion and I get up earlier than I wish.

I am still upset about cancelling my preorder. I have to consider myself very lucky that I decided to ask for cancellation 2 weeks ago. If I hesitated, it would be too late to even cancel as the stock arrived earlier this week. With the further tightening of COVID measures announced yesterday, it would stress me even more thinking about storage space. Haiz..

To fuel my anger further, my mum sent me documents to settle. I am very angry that she dared to make use of my 'address'. After letting me be homeless and settling my own life here, she has no right to do so. Anyway I just chucked the stuff aside since I already decided that previously the document I settled from the Embassy would be the only thing I would do. I am not going to waste my time and energy to go to Embassy again. It is her own problem that she did not give me the correct information properly. I don't care about all the stuff under my dad's name since it is not my business. That's their own problem to settle as a consequence of just throwing me aside.

Despite all these bad things, I am glad that WFH becomes default again until mid-June. Hehe.. I better make sure that this is going to be a repeat opportunity of losing weight just like last year. I have difficulties keeping myself disciplined with the junk food as well as exercise. In the past week, I only managed to exercise twice in my room. I should stop making excuses because I was chionging a sitcom this past week.

I finished a 55-episode family sitcom. I found this gem by chance. I watched some funny and nice singing Thailand TV show and then I googled to check out the celebrities. From there and few kaypoh clicks, I decided to give this a try. Usually I would be avoid anything longer than 12 episodes but this sitcom really hooks me in a good way.

I say it is a 'good' hook because it does not stress me to quickly binge watch everything. It is not like good dramas which usually makes me very excited and eager to know what is happening next that it will drive me to binge watching. I was quite happy with 5 episodes a day with this sitcom. More importantly, the sitcom format makes each episode lighter and the type of comedy really gives me healthy doses of laughter. I am laughing harder than in the funny scenes in typical dramas.

Other than good laughs, one scene is particularly memorable to me. It is the monk's advice to the parents: when they were having a child, they would be happy whether the baby would be a boy or a girl. So why when the child is growing up then the parents would be so worried about the future of the child. I know it is natural for parents to be concerned and to wish for the best for their children. But at the same time, it is the sad truth that many family problems arise from parents who try to control their children.

Anyway I don't really think about it for my own fucked up family. However, it made me think about my spiritual life. Everything is much simpler and happier when I just pray to have a relationship with God, to count and appreciate the blessings in my life and simply to trust my life in him. Things get complicated when I start to demanding God for this and that. And when I do not get those things, that's when my spiritual life nosedives too. Haiz.. emo again liao...

No comments: