Thursday, September 10, 2020

Towards normalcy

I am running out of gym suspension. Initially I planned to finish everything before returning but a part of me is still holding on to the very slim hope that things may return to normal by the end of the year and I would like to have some suspension when I fly home for Christmas. Thus I reactivated my membership on Sunday. I went again on Monday and today.

Another push to go on Sunday was to help my sister check out Winnie the Pooh t-shirt that she wants to buy online. I remembered seeing the pop-up store at Takashimaya so it would be good if I could check the physical item first. The pop-up store is no longer there unfortunately. Seeing the crowd on Sunday, I really thought things were returning to normal. After gym, I reached Orchard around 1030 and the crowd at Tangs and Lucky Plaza was already mamma mia... Takashimaya Department Store only opens at 11am nowadays and there was a long queue of people waiting to enter too. I am wrong, though. When I went to gym on Monday and today, the MRT crowd is definitely smaller than pre-covid days. Similarly for my bus rides home. That means there are still a lot of people working from home. Honestly, I hope this continues.

After exercising on my own in my room for the past 5 months or so, I had an idea that perhaps I do not need gym anymore and I will not renew my membership after this. Oh boy how wrong I was. Haha..  Now I am already aching everywhere despite the 2-day break. Somehow exercising is more tiring at gym. Although the main difference is only the weights, I suppose the larger space enables me to work harder and less reserved. In my room, my space is only one stretch of the floor and I have to be conscious not bang my desk and my bed.

I wanted to skip again today but decided to go since I wanted to cut my hair. It has been 2.5 months since my last hair cut and it is actually still not that long. I just cannot stand it anymore because the sideburns and the fringe are irritating to my face while the back is pricking my neck. Anyway this is another benefit of working at home. In the past I already have to cut at around 4-6 weeks as my hair will already be unpresentable It will be okay once it grows a bit longer (i.e. at 2 months or so) but between the 4th-8th weeks is usually too ugly already.

One downside of starting to go out again is realising the worsening of my visual acuity. Sigh.. Every time I think about my eye health, it makes me want to just die. Everyday I pray for it but it seems that my prayers have not been heard. I don't know why I find it so difficult to be discipline with eye breaks when I am at home. Actually it is harder to do so in the office as it will mean I am frequently out of my desk. But now I really do not have objects at long distance to stare. Haiz.. God help me...

No comments: