Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Cash Advance

The weather has been very cooling recently that even without turning on the aircon, it is colder than usual nights when I switch on the aircon. The coolness makes me keep sneezing and very sleepy though. It was so bad today that I even forgot to take spoon after buying lunch. Worse, I withdrew cash from the ATM using my credit card. I was surprised that I could do that. It made me realise that I unintentionally used the Cash Advance which has additional charge of 8% or $15 minimum. I was emo but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise as when I checked my credit card statement, I realised I made the same stupid mistake last week and I could see the $15 already charged.

I was totally unaware that I also used my credit card last week but I remembered seeing 'Balance $0' on the screen which made worried since I knew I still had balance in my bank account. I immediately checked my balance and I thought everything was fine. It was because I only withdrew $50 last week. Anyway being charged $15 for $50 withdrawal is just ridiculous. I was blessed that the customer service lady was willing to waive the charges for me and taught me how to link my credit card to my bank account to prevent this Cash Advance thingy if I commit this same silly mistake again in the future.

I decided to be gung-ho on last Thursday and did jump pull up since there were only 3 sets. It was a huge mistake since I suffered the pain and sore in my arms, shoulder, back, groin and thighs for 3 days. I went to gym again yesterday although I was not feeling 100% but I survived. I should stick with the squat pull first until perhaps around 1 month of being regular at the gym again.

I signed up for a free online course on mentorship. I still have to deal with students as well as team members who behave like 'kids' so I decided to see if there are new things to learn. It was quite awkward to switch on my webcam throughout but I suppose I was just being too obedient since some people did not switch on. Haha.. I sort of feel that it was a waste of time since I did not really learn something new in terms of skills or approach. Perhaps one takeaway for me is seeing the shifts in mindset in terms of career. The emphasis nowadays seems to be at transferable skills. Unlike in the past when people used to stay for decades in their job and job-hopping was shunned, job-hopping and rapid changes at work are expected nowadays. I am glad I had the opportunity to change job 2 years ago since it is really good to broaden my horizons with different settings and environment. Oh one interesting thing was that I think one of the trainers was my JC classmate. Haha... I was not close to her so I did not bother to ask but from the name, the face and the way she speaks, it really reminds me of her. At least she is one of the nicer ones and not one of the bitchy ones that I disliked in class previously lol.

I start to take my eye supplements again after many months of not taking. I have not been buying since I already fulfill my $500 monthly credit card spending. After being 'forced' to use online shopping during circuit breaker, now I am enjoying that to get my dehumidifiers. I need at least $40 to get free shipping so while browsing for more items, I saw my eye supplements having 40% off as well as $22 off for $100 promotion. It was really a good deal. Previously I always waited for buy 2 get 1 free promotion in the physical store which came to around 33% off. So $500 for this month is settled and I need to resort to weekend delivery meals hehe.. Next month should not be a problem too with my skin doctor appointment and time to replenish my Centrum.

No comments: