Sunday, June 7, 2020

New resolutions for June

My sleep has not returned to normal and I have been waking up repeatedly for no reasons at night. This starts to be bothersome now as I wake up feeling tired. Because of this, I made it an aim to sleep latest by 12am from 1 June onwards. I also stopped drinking bottled milk teas thinking that the caffeine maybe the culptrit (although the real reason is there was no stock when I went for grocery shopping last week). Unfortunately both failed and for the past week I still have problems sleeping. Sigh..

It has not been a successful week to fulfil this goal, though. I realised that it was time to replace my dehumidifiers on Tuesday. I only go out once a week lately and I will have no hands to get groceries as well as dehumidifiers. Groceries are more important since I want to choose my fruits so I explored delivery services for dehumidifiers. I misread Watsons' pricing and I thought Guardian's dehumidifier was cheaper. Minimum spending was $40 for free delivery fee and I spent half an hour trying to find things to make it up to $40. After doing so, it said that there was no delivery slot and to check on the following day. I waited slightly past midnight but there was no delivery slot. Even until Wednesday morning, there was no delivery slot. After checking its facebook page and reading all the complaints about its delivery service, I decided to ditch Guardian. This was when I realised that Watsons' dehumidifier was actually cheaper. Lol.

Watsons waived delivery fee for first online order so I did not need to find items to make up the amount. The earliest delivery slot was for next Saturday but surprisingly I already received the items yesterday. Wow. I know Ninjavan has mostly negative feedback but I think the delivery person for my area is great and so far I have no problem with Ninjavan. In fact, I had worse experiences with Yamato.

My diet needs further adjustment as I have not been able to lose weight since 2 months ago. I finally finished my stockpile of instant noodles and pasta and I managed not to order delivery for lunch for weekdays. This will be my new diet goal. My weight loss obsession is getting unhealthy that I feel very bothered when I do not pass motion daily despite knowing that perhaps it might be due to diet changes last week. I received a carton of fruits from a friend last week. I declined condolence money for my dad's passing so she sent me fruits instead. Thus I was only eating those fruits for last week. Nonetheless, I start to take vitagen twice a day in the hope of regulating my bowel movement.
How can one person finish all these?
The other drive for limiting lunch delivery is saving money as one lunch delivery is easily twice to thrice the cost of buying food from hawker center. I have given up on the possibility of spending $500 per month for my UOB One so there is really no reason to spend. Just when this though of saving money comes, temptation comes too in the form of preorder for Angemon figurine. Sigh...
I spent Friday night checking out and contemplating. Thank goodness my final decision is not to buy. $400 for a PVC figure is not worth it especially considering the previous Megahouse Digimon GEM large figures are hollow. Although Angemon is one of my favourite digimons, he is too fierce here, unlike the Angemon from the first Digimon Adventure. This figure also does not come with Takeru so  that makes it easier to pass.

My research brought me to know that the Digimon Adventure reboot was stuck at episode 3 due to COVID. Toei Animation's official Youtube channel uploaded a few highlight videos for the reboot. The character design is the same and I only notice changes in their clothes. I am okay with the change in story but what disappoint me the most is the fact that now the Digidestined kids do not seem to be friends to start their adventure together. I am still looking forward to this reboot though.

Yesterday I was activated for a volunteering session again. Despite my irritation from previous week, I said yes. I had a partner yesterday so it was not too bad.  My partner also experienced almost ending at 11pm on Wednesday and hence she asked for a dispensing partner yesterday. I hope that drives across the message to the organiser since it is not only me complaining. If they plan for more than 30 patients per session, they better get 2 people for dispensing. I did not get the chance of wearing the 'spacesuit' PPE yesterday :( Although I was not as angsty as last week, I was not 100% happy either. It is irritating to deal with self-entitled people who still wanted to argue and bargain over the freebies/donations. I know it is not right for me to think this way but I cannot help it: if you go any other clinic, it would be already at least $30 just to see the doctor. Add the medicines and it would be easily $50. Yet at this volunteer-run clinic when you only need to pay minimally ($8 flat), you still want to ask for freebies. Gosh!! If every person takes up 1 minute just to bargain about the freebies, it is going to waste everyone's time by 40-45 minutes per session.

In the past 2 weeks, I have finished another Thai series which has 3 seasons, although the third season is only 6 episodes of 15 minutes each. This is another good one although it got me hooked quite slow at the start since the first season was out in 2016. The actors were still very young and the acting was very awkward. The approach was kinda old and not exciting as the more recent series. However, after finishing everything, the series is actually quite charming with its innocence. The third season was out in 2019 so it is nice to see that despite the 3 year time jump in the story, they still keep the sweet and innocent elements. Though if we talk about realism, the characters here are too good to be true. I don't think nowadays there are people who can be so selfless and so patient towards the persons they love or their friends like what in this series.

Hmm... time to decide what new series to pick up for next week. Hahaha.. Never expect that this lockdown makes me binge watching dramas in Youtube sia.

No comments: