Saturday, June 13, 2020

Food woes

One concept learnt during my smoking cessation training is never to ask for someone to quit more than one things at a time. As much as I have already realised that currently I am obsessed with losing weight and I would like to stop obsessing over it, I still cannot stop the obsession. To achieve this, I need to avoid junk food, avoid overeating, exercise, and have sufficient sleep. To make several lifestyle changes at the same time is too much and is tearing me down mentally. Not to mention that a part of the 'overeating' has a hidden agenda: to save money and cut spending on food.

I am having craving for McD since last last week but sadly I could not do delivery as the branch nearest me (Bishan Park) has not been serving McDelivery orders. On one of the days when I checked GrabFood, it showed that AMK branch was available for delivery and I thought I could have McD for lunch on the following day. Nope.. Since then, even GrabFood showed no McD delivery for me. While searching GrabFood, I found a deal for Burger King: $12.80 for 3 burgers and 2 fries. I have been thinking about it but I am pulled back by the delivery charge (tahan a few more days until I stop my Deliveroo subscription) and if I can finish so much on my own. I have not ordered it until today and arrrgh.. I keep thinking about it. I almost went hypo on Wednesday evening and I made a bargain: lets buy some potato chips to add on for dinner and skip thinking about fast food until the weekends.

I finally ended my Deliveroo Plus subscription today and hopefully that will help to lessen the thoughts about food. I kept thinking about maximising the last few days of subscription which is a direct contradiction to my aim to reduce overeating, cut down calories (I even thought of ordering ice cream pints) and save money. Durian season is here and it does not help to have additional craving although luckily so far there is no durian delivery at Deliveroo, unlike last year.

My knees occasionally hurt when I sleep. I will not describe the sensation as 'pain' but more of the stinging or tingling sensation. That is enough to make me not to push with my exercise so much. My 5x a week goal is reduced to 3x a week nowadays. I am more concerned if I injure my knees than about weight loss for this though.

No comments: