Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Cravings fulfilled

When there is food craving, it is easier to succumb and then be freed from the craving after that. I finally ordered KFC last Thursday to try the double down mozarella and sour cream and onion fries. My luck was soooo 'great' that the lunch was free since I received someone else's order. I did not get to try the new menu since I got Bandito pocket and cheese fries from the regular menu. Somehow after that, the cravings to try the new menu did not return.

However, I still could not help thinking about McD. Bishan Park branch was finally open when I checked yesterday evening. I did not want to take the risk to order for lunch today (in case they do not want to deliver for whatever reason) so I ordered McD for dinner. Honestly there is nothing fantastic with the coconut pie and the boneless chicken. It was just tempting previously as I had not had any McD since February. With cravings fulfilled, I no longer think about McD anymore. I had around $5+ in my Grab Wallet and after topping up the minimum $10, I was lucky to find something for lunch today that leaves my Grab Wallet balance as $0.01. I can uninstall Grab now hahaha...

I am quite backward when it comes to technology. I do not even use PayLah or PayNow until now. For the sake of credit card rewards, I have to digitise one of my UOB cards to get extra rewards points. Too bad that when I want to be more technology advanced, my device does not allow me. My UOB Mighty does not show Mighty Pay option so I am guessing that the app can tell that my phone has no capability for the digital payment. Oh well.. Uninstall also.

I was so pissed again with the volunteering session on last Saturday as it ended at 11pm again. It was so ridiculous to reach home past midnight. I managed to hold my tongue and emotion and I am calmer now. But now that the roster for July onwards is open again just like pre-COVID days, perhaps I will not sign up anymore. Let them know if they can get volunteers who are willing to do until 11pm on Saturday evenings even when on the schedule is written as until 930pm. May that be a lesson for them to organise things more properly and do not simply abuse or take the volunteers for granted.

No comments: