Sunday, March 8, 2020

Nutritional imbalance

Changes are uncomfortable. Surprisingly, although I am already used to and falling in love with the alternate day at office arrangement, I am still having massive mood swings in the past week. After thinking further, it seems that the main culprit is with my diet. In the past week, I only had my first rice meal on Friday and my first meat yesterday. I did not really plan to avoid rice or meat but somehow my diet just turned out that way.

It is the second week of Lent and I am grateful that I am still able to keep my dietary abstinence. So far it is clean sheet away from junk food, fast food, and food delivery for dinner. On the working at home days, I actually halved my breakfast and dinner and avoided meat for lunch. It may seem rather extreme but partly I also want to lose weight. This may be the main reason and I need to be more reasonable for the coming week. Sigh.. the other side of me wants to continue since I am seeing positive results with the weighing balance is on the left of 65kg finally.

I went for blood donation today and it was my first time informed about ferritin test. Apparently last year I donated 5 times which is rather out of ordinary. With 12 weeks interval between donations, usually the maximum is 4 times a year unless when the first one of the year falls in January then it is possible to have the fifth one in December. My Hb is still above 16 (wow! considering how shitty my food is) though. Anyway the implication is if my ferritin is low, the interval for my next donation will be 16 weeks instead of 12 weeks. It was my first time going to Orchard since CNY and I think people don't give a damn about Wuhan anymore. It was super crowded and I am the one getting scared.

Because of the blood donation, today I had to excuse myself to have proper meal for dinner. Initially I still intended to perhaps have cereal and fruit, instead of the usual either one of them but I was awakened from my afternoon nap because of the hunger. I decided to 'listen' to my body. I managed not to order delivery and forced myself to walk to Thomson Plaza for dinner. So Lenten goals are still on track.

I am still in the progress of compiling my holiday expenses and I am currently left with my Australia (2016) and Japan (2015) trips. While I somehow got lazy with them, I finally finished reading The Legend of Final Fantasy books by Third Editions. So far there are 3 separate books for FF VI, FF VII, and FF VIII and it is almost a year since I bought them. Finally I manage to finish! I finished FF VIII first because that is my favourite series. I am stuck the longest with FF VII. FF VII is not just a game but a compilation of games, light novels, and even a movie so there is more content. The font is much smaller and I try not to just skim through because I am really curious to know about the story. Despite all that, in the end I still cannot remember what is going on and who is who and related to who hahaha.. I never played FF VII properly as I was rushing while borrowing my friend's gameshark. I played FF VII Crisis Core but did not remember much haha... I read FF VI last and it took me the shortest. The authors for each book are different and I think FF VI is the most rubbish. Instead of a proper research, I feel that the author is just smoking for most of analysis part. There are so many elements to the game and of course you can just smoke that that is inspired by religion, by World War II, and any random things that have similarity with the story line. Very meh. I hope if they release for the other FF, they do not get the FF VI author anymore.
'Third Editions' is the publisher.  Initially I thought I was missing stuff from the first and second editions. Silly me.
Haiz.. from checking my Amazon account to recall when I bought these books, I see that Yoshitaka Amano: Beyond the Fantasy Limited Edition is $77+ now. I bought it for $104+ last year leh.. Damn... I was expecting this as something that would sell out instead of going on sale -_-"

My nostalgia with the Prince of Tennis is still not over and I am catching up with the New Prince of Tennis. It is irritating that there is no singular amazing anime streaming database like KissAnime in the past. I have been using two different streaming databases which I cannot even recall the names as both are incomplete. I managed to find the Another Series OVAs but not the Another Series II. I have also finished the New Prince of Tennis OVAs and New Prince of Tennis Specials OVAs but now I don't know where to find the vs Genius 10 OVAs. I would like to catch up with the music as well but until now I have not even looked into my external harddisks to find my previous collection. From youtube, I found interesting classical and Christmas songs and Valentine Kiss is still being released annually. Wow!

No comments: