Monday, March 23, 2020

Mid-Lent

Yesterday was the 4th Sunday of Lent which marked the mid-point of Lent. I am still able to hold on and prevent my dietary relapse but it is getting more and more difficult. Things have not been well for me so there have been temptations for 'comfort food'. Yesterday's temptation was for 'self treat' since I have been doing well since Ash Wednesday. Thank God I am still able to resist and survive. Food aside, attending online Mass start to get more challenging as I was falling asleep yesterday. Sigh...

Work got somewhat shittier last week. I was (and still am) damn pissed with these idiots. They are still training for one of the modules and instead of being responsible for their own training and learning from their mistakes, they directed their frustration to me. What the fuck! They should be grateful that I bothered to even give inputs and explanations (which they interpret as me being nitpicky and finding faults). Even if I just make the corrections without any explanation, they would simply say no feedback. Last week was also KPI discussion so it was miracle that somehow I did not sound angry or scolding with each of them when discussing this.

The coronavirus situation is getting worse in this past week with Malaysia lock down, first death cases in Singapore, Singapore giving stay at home notice for all travelers (regardless where they fly from) and finally Singapore not allowing any more non-residents to enter and even transit. I am slowly adding to my pile of instant noodles or pastas with each development and now I have 10 packs. Quickly have local lockdown la! Otherwise all my dieting effort in the past month will be wasted if I have to finish them for the sake of finishing.

Enough of the emo stuff for now. Recently what taking my time is Thai dramas on Youtube. Previously I am only into Japanese dramas and I am never into Chinese, Taiwanese, or Korean dramas. I love Japanese dramas for the values (usually family or friendship stuff), which are usually touching and tear jerking, as well as the comedy. The Thai dramas that I am watching are also the funny ones. One thing that really stands out from Thai dramas is their positivity. I am not usually into romantic stuff but the romance in Thai dramas is really sweet. At times, too sweet until I have to surpress my giggles. Another cool thing about Thai dramas is that they are uploaded with English subtitles in Youtube very quickly.

Currently there are 2 series that I am following on Friday nights and 2 new series (just started 2 weeks ago) on Saturday. The Saturday new series are not as nice as the Friday series. Last last Sunday, I chionged a Taiwanese drama which only had 10 episodes with 10-15 minutes per episode. In the past week, I finished a Thai series which was completed in 2018. Haha I better don't start browsing related videos and start another new series.

After finishing FF VI book 2 weeks ago, I just finished Harry Potter A History of Magic. I regret buying this book as it is not according to what I imagined it to be. It is not exactly about Harry Potter universe as it is more about real life historical 'magical' artifacts which can be compared to the magical stuff in Harry Potter. Thus it feels more like reading an encyclopedia or visiting a museum exhibits instead of immersing to Harry Potter universe. Anyway, now I am moving to the next book which is the Film Wizardry of the Crimes of Grindelwald. I had not even taken off its shrinkwrap. Hehe..

With Tokyo Disney Resort extending its temporary closure due to coronavirus, its official Youtube channel is uploading montages of the shows which are intended to have their run date ending during this closure period. I find the song for It's Very Minnie to be very addictive leh! Anyway they are very stingy as the video will only available until 30 April only and it is not even the full show!
Sadly, I just found out that Ariel's Greeting Grotto at Disneysea is also permanently closed. Huhuhu so I really missed the chance of taking a picture with her Christmas outfit last year.

No comments: