Saturday, March 14, 2020

More WFH

The COVID-19 situation is not getting better as it has been declared a pandemic a few days ago. It has spread to all over the world and caused panic everywhere with the lockdown in Italy, the US banning travels from Europe, and the stock market crashes. On the more positive side, at least my WFH still continues. Hehe.. SGD is weakening against USD and JPY so perhaps the time to change my leftover cash is coming, especially for USD that I have been waiting for years to reach at least 1.45.

Last week, I received email about SQ 20% off and I was tempted to buy ticket for April. Thank goodness that I decided to hold on first. With the situations rapidly changing, I was planning to buy it this weekend as the sale is ending in the middle of next week. Looks like I will have to just wait until very close to Good Friday to make the decision. Honestly at this point of time, I am prepared to lose my driving license :( I am only renting a room first and I cannot take a chance with 14 days of stay at home notice if the situation evolves this way in a month time.

On the first few days of WFH, I was worried about the need of snacking. Now I am hoping that this WFH continues because so far I already lost almost 4kg. Hehe.. I put a bit of restrain with my meat avoidance for this week while keeping my half portions for breakfast and dinner when I am at home. I realise that I am close to doing intermittent fasting as usually I have my dinner at around 8pm and then my breakfast at 10am when I am at home. Perhaps that helps too! I shall continue with trying to avoid meat again for the coming weeks.

Another change that turns out good after some adjustment is my daily rosary. Due to lack of eye breaks when I am working at home, my one decade per break also does not happen. Previously, it was so difficult for me to sit down to pray the whole rosary in the evening as I would end up falling asleep or distracted. That no longer happens this week. I guess after a good afternoon nap, I am not that sleepy in the evening.

This year my PR renewal went through smoothly and now I am tempted to just quit my job and enjoy life for a few years before starting to find again so that I can renew again. If that fails, I am okay to balik kampung although I prefer my original plan to always die young. The friction I feel with my colleagues still continues and I do not need all the drama. Seriously ah this one bitch, I don't know what went into her suddenly. We expect disagreement at work and we have workflow on that. If discussion to reach agreement fails, we are supposed to ask another person and majority wins. She just went all out bitch mode when we did not meet eye to eye. She even wanted to invoke standardisation which obviously failed because she just felt personally attacked with my differing view and failed to see that what she proposed for standardisation is not what we have been doing anyway.

Anyway I am already older and have learnt the art of walking away from inconsequential confrontation. I said what I needed to say and subsequently, I will just follow majority or SOP or whatever to cover my backside. It is as simple as that and I avoided retaliation just for the sake of ego. Although I can show 'walking away' externally, I am still brewing anger internally la. Lol. Seriously, bitch, just quit the job and take care of your kid la. Don't be an asshole to fill in the headcount but only working 4 days a week and now showing shitty attitude that destroys trust and teamwork.

I never work in a male environment and I wonder how it is. I have always been in a female dominated fields and it is same shit but different flavours. Females always have herd mentality and cloud their judgements without realising how stupid and inconsistent they are with different answers with different scenarios even though initially they say they want 'standardisation'. Okay, that's majority but not ALL. I have also come across great female bosses and usually these are those objective ones.

No comments: