Saturday, February 29, 2020

[New Prince of Tennis x Zoff] Collaboration Collection - School Line: Shitenhoji

I purchased this together with the Seigaku design so I will go direct to my opinion specifically on this Shitenhoji design as my other comments are already in the previous post. The details for the whole collection is here while the details for Shitenhoji design specifically is here.

Just to reinforce that practicality still trumps fanboying, I actually am not a fan of Shitenhoji in the series. I suppose partly because other than Kintaro and Shiraishi, the rest of the characters do not really get enough limelight. The characters representing Shitenhoji here are Oshitari Kenya and Zaizen Hikaru. Honestly, I cannot even remember who is who without googling. Haha.. Kenya is the one looking like Shiraishi and Hikaru is the one looking like any other black-haired PoT characters. Wow.. looks like Takeshi Konomi is running out of character designs as the story progresses. After all Shitenhoji is the last school being introduced since Rikkaidai in the National Tournament finals is already introduced during the Kanto Tournament.

While green is my favourite colour, lime green is not and it is worse when combined with yellow which I dislike. What really got me interested in this design is the inverted half-frame design. Usually half-frame will be frameless at the bottom but this is frameless at the top. My degrees are very high and my lens will be heavy.  I usually avoid frameless out of concern of the weight of the lens. That is not really a concern with this half-frame design since the support is the bottom. Enough justifications (read: excuses) and let's go the photos.
Everything that I received
Lens wipe: their gakuran is almost identical as Seigaku's
Can badge
The case design is based on the school emblem
The inner design of the case is rather plain
Honestly I am quite excited about this design as it is my first time ever
The temples take the colour scheme of Shitenhoji's tennis uniform
Racket head as the tip of left temple
Racket grip as the tip of the right temple
In total this costs me 7700 yen (price) + 500 yen (forwarding fee) + 1510 yen (EMS). Of course the forwarding fee and EMS are inclusive of the Seigaku spectacles.

NB: Tagging this post as 'Toys' for ease of searching in the future.

No comments: