Thursday, March 26, 2020

500x

I completed my 500th gym session today. That is about 1000 minutes of HIIT, 1000 hours of commuting time, and more than $10000 of membership fees (although technically it is not $10000 yet since I am still in the midst of consuming my third membership fees).

I started in December 2016 and for someone averse to physical exercise in the past, it is a miracle that I can continue until today. Not to mention the 2 occasions of injury that required me to for physiotherapy as well. Oops. I don't think the injuries were the fault of the gym but more because of my aging since I only started having problems since late 2018.

Looking back, it is amazing that going gym for 500 times is still easier than controlling my diet 500 times. Sigh... My main motivation to start gym was to lose weight. That does not happen since I still continue eating rubbish. I will not say that gym is useless though because despite the junk that goes into me, I managed not to gain weight. The most notable effect for me is that now I can do some pull ups, something I could not do since secondary school. I do not think I have developed visible muscles but now my chest and shoulders are more straight because of the push ups and rows. In the past, I tend to slouch to 'hide' my moobs as well.

As a reward for reaching the 500th milestone, there is a T-shirt but since the L size was out of stock, I chose to wait instead of taking M or XL. Hehe.. On top of that is a voucher for a free smoothie.
The day I have been waiting for is finally here as my company finally declares a full work from home for the next 2 weeks. Hehehe.. The first thing that comes to my mind is that I can save up on my mask. Hold on... I still need to go to gym and after working hours is PM peak hours hor.. There is a temptation to skip gym but I also want to hold on to or hope to lose more weight during this time. The deciding factor turns out to be grocery shopping. Hehe... I still need to replenish my banana and red dragonfruit every 2 days so I still need to go out anyway. Might as well make an additional trip to the gym while doing that.

No comments: