Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Omicron

Last week I was so happy to get an appointment slot for my passport renewal on 24 December but by the end of the week, omicron has arrived and ruined my plan to evacuate to Jakarta next month. The quarantine period has been extended to 7 days from countries without omicron yet. If by next month there are omicron cases here, the quarantine period will be 14 days if I go home. Haiz.. that is going to cost me half of my monthly pay.

There is no point thinking about next month since rules and regulations change so quickly. Yet I cannot help but to feel stressed and worried about this. Not to mention that I have to weigh between paying empty room (if my landlord even allows this) or I should just pack all my stuff and rent a storage space instead. My latest thought today is maybe I can just survive as an unvaccinated person since I can go to mamashop downstairs to get bread for dinner. So it is okay if I cannot go to supermarket to buy bananas. I pray so that God takes away my worries and it is not answered. I pray for the end of all these vaccination discrimination and it is also not answered. I do not know what I need to do anymore.

I am physically tired which in turn makes me rather moody as well. I went to donate blood on Saturday and I can confirm that my blood pressure has increased. In the past, I was borderline hypotensive and at times were at risk not able to donate but my blood pressure has been between 110-120 in the past few donations. Now I have to worry about tachycardia as well since I had to take repeat measurement because of my heart rate above 100.

Perhaps the only thing that I am look forward to is the Catholic200SG festival which will finally begin this Saturday. I am grateful that I am able to utilise my annual leave more meaningfully. I will be taking leave from 23 December to New Year and that still leaves me with another 1.5 days to use. Just thinking about 10 days of doing nothing already pains me and I was not keen to extend that by another 1.5 days. Thus I am very happy to be able to use these 1.5 days for another extra volunteering slot next Wednesday (I think someone backs out at last minute) and to help with some pre-festival preparation in the past two days. I will write my experience in these last two days later on when I blog after the festival ends.

No comments: