Thursday, December 30, 2021

Journey to the moon

If only I were into crypto the first time I heard about it (ehem.. that was in my university days), I would be a millionaire now. It is very late now but it is better late than never. I only started to check about crypto when my friend introduced to a pay-to-earn game. With all the complexity (have to register for this and that to be able to convert to this and that and with certain platforms are banned in Singapore), I already lost early 'investor' lead for the game. With everything set up, I end up trading crypto as it is right now.

I only properly bought in early December after the drop from all time high (ATH) in November in hope that things would go up again. Unfortunately, market continues to drop huhuhu. I know I have to be patient since based on past history, those x00%-xx00% profit also took several months or even years. I registered with Binance.sg and to make things worse, they announced their plan of pulling out of Singapore barely a week after I bought. 13 January 2022 will be the last day to trade. That is the reason why I am actively monitoring the prices. Otherwise, I would not even pay attention or be bothered with the recent price fluctuations since my plan is more for long term investment. Oh well...

I have gained $100ish so far with my attempt to transfer my tradings to Crypto.com. I still have $3000 worth of BTC and ETH at Binance and I am praying for their prices to miraculously improve. Selling them back to cash (fiat money) and then buying again should be better than spending the transfer fee for BTC (approximately $20+) and ETH (approximately $50+).

Whatever it will be, I consider it as a learning journey. I am too lazy to research and so late into crypto because I thought it was something like shares. With BTC price of few thousand dollars, I thought that it is the mininum amount to purchase 1 coin like a minimum to purchase 1 share. I am completely wrong since cryptocurrency allows fraction of the coins so any amount can be invested. Currently I am learning to restrain myself not to add more money to this crypto investment since it is tempting to buy more with the current price drops. Haiz.. I hope I am not too late for the rocket to the moon and I do not end up going underground :(

On a separate note, I usually reject marketing calls from banks. However, I agreed to one since I am only clearing my leave for this week. Lucky for me that the fund offered to me is already something I am investing with my personal financial advisor. In addition, my current investment product is flexible and I can add or withdraw amount anytime so I do not have to lock in certain amount for certain period. I spent more than an hour talking but I think it was a useful time investment. Now I know that my financial advisor is not selling me rubbish. More importantly, I can confidently reject any future marketing calls since there are no better products from the banks. Why would I want anything with lock in period when I have something flexible. Hehe...

No comments: