Sunday, June 13, 2021

Happy days are ending

This is a picture taken at Plaza Singapura yesterday at around 1115am after my blood donation. I am honestly surprised that majority would be guai guai to stay at home during this period. Hehe.. After all, I find Junction 8 is forever crowded, regardless of what phase. I guess that is the main difference between a shopping mall for window shopping vs a shopping mall for necessity of residents.

I went exactly at 10am, the supposed opening hours of the blood bank, and I was already the fifth people in the queue. It is heartening to see that people are still eager to donate during this period. I was contemplating between going home straight away vs checking out Plaza Sing. I decided to do the latter since the last time I went there was probably when I cut my hair before CNY. It is interesting to see the impact of COVID with fewer people, shops opening at later time (my guess since there were still many unopened shop when I was there) and more shops being hoarded which means out of business. No wonder CB is out of the question as I think more businesses will not be able to tahan. Haiz.. Happy quiet days like this are ending and will not happen again. I will miss it although I also never go out during this period. Hahaha... Yesterday was specially going out just for the blood donation.

After so long not buying any toys or stressing over toys, yesterday was my first time feeling happy for splurging for a statue. I pre-order Tsume Ikigai Gemini Saga. I could not get their original Gemini Saga, which I am still emo until now, so even though this one is the evil version, I just have to get it to have a Gemini gold saint. With 1/6 scale, the height is comparable with the previous Gemini Saga and will still be comparable to the other Saint Seiya HQS I own.
Now I hope Tsume will just create Saint Seiya statues under this Ikigai line since their HQS is just getting more and more ridiculous. I want the character to be centerpiece, not the effects. With their HQS, now the effects overpower the character just to increase the size and the price of the statues. The prices for their latest Saint Seiya HQS (Camus as well as Hyoga) are double of this Ikigai. It is as if paying for Camus+Aquarius lady or Hyoga+swan while at the same price, it should have been Camus vs Hyoga under this Ikigai line. Bleah.. I am still emo with the decision to skip Hyoga since it means I won't have a complete collection. Haiz.. yup and then my emoness will lead to me thinking about my pathetic state of life that I don't even have the space for these toys even though I have the money. Saga's opponent is Siegfried which is an easy pass for me because Asgard Arc is not exactly memorable. I don't even know or remember much about the Asgard Arc. In addition, Siegfried's pose is a bad design for display purpose as his lightning balls are directly in front of his face. Although the face is not obscured, overall it is a bad pose from front view. But that's okay since bad design means no temptation to buy. No need to buy means no need to emo over money and display space.

No comments: