Saturday, June 5, 2021

Tobit

The first readings from daily Masses that I followed this week were taken from the Book of Tobit. Prior to this, I only know about Archangel Raphael treating Tobit's blindness. I finally became more interested after the priest shared a bit more about the whole book and recommended it for reading as it is not that long and yet there are few good learning points. I finished reading it this morning. I woke up earlier than usual as I had to pee. I decided to try reading it for awhile before continuing my sleep. Initially I wanted to stop at chapter 3, then chapter 7 and in the end I finished the whole 14 chapters at one go. Hehe.

I find it like reading an adventure story with a good pacing to cover the story of Tobit as well as Tobias (his son). I don't find it preachy or too cheem like the usual expectations of reading the Bible. I no longer feel that bad of wanting and praying for death as I find my life meaningless since that is also something that holy people in the Bible lamented. Tobit is an example. Ultimately that is the the most meaningful takeaway from me. I am reminded yet again to be patient and to trust God for His plan according to His time.

My diet woes still continue. Yesterday I bought $7.55 for two bags of Kettle potato chips. I finished eating both as dinner earlier and that was a good decision. I was thinking of buying again when I go for groceries tomorrow or on Monday but after two bags at one go, I am kind of sick and I no longer have the intention to buy again. Yesterday I had indigestion and gastric discomfort again after buying Burger King on top of my lunch. Although I pre-ordered my lunch for self-collection, it was not ready after my groceries shopping. While waiting, I saw that Burger King's current new menu is kakiage burger. I was only interested in trying the kakiage but sadly the Bento Box which has only the kakiage+chicken nuggets+fries is not available for delivery. That was why I decided to buy it although I already had a lunch pre-ordered.

Not sure if it was because I overate or kakiage is just not suitable for my stomach. My gastric is usually also acting up after eating kakiage from Teppei Shokudo and I always think that perhaps it is too oily. But now after another kakiage not from Teppei Shokudo, maybe it is not about the oil but somehow my stomach just cannot tolerate battered fried vegetables.

No comments: