Sunday, February 21, 2021

Ancient life

I travelled back to the 'ancient' this week. I went to Sengkang Hospital for the very first time and LRT is one of the method to go there. I cannot remember the last time I took LRT but I felt so lost that I decided to walk instead. Haha.. The LRT platform was so congested (so small but there were so many people) and I could not figure out the West Loop and East Loop thingy. I screenshot a map to prepare myself for the walk but I was completely unfamiliar with the place that I had to return to the MRT to re-orientate myself. The hospital is actually very near. Initially I crossed the road to be at the side of the hospital and because of the buildings and trees, I could not see the hospital's name. The second time I left the MRT station, I was at the opposite side and I was like omg. The hospital was only 1 block away from the spot where I decided to u-turn earlier. Lol.

I got my Letter of Guarantee for my insurance on Friday and I need to print it. I was too lazy to go to office only to print. My landlord, my friend and myself do not own a printer. Luckily I remembered I used to print in the library. Yes, that was the ancient time in 2007 when settling my university admission. I was joking that I would laugh if they still use Cash Card nowadays. In the end, I became the joke as things are quite advanced now and I was lost since there is lack of guide.

The multimedia stations can be used to browse stuff without going to internet. To access the internet, I need to pay first and I do not even have library ID. I managed to figure out everything and I spent 45 cents for 15 minutes internet and 60 cents to print 2 A4 pages. The payment can be done online through Paypal too so they are really not as outdated as I expected haha.. The experience got me thinking: if a young person like me was having difficulties to figure out these, how would the elderly able to use these multimedia stuff independently. After all, these are mostly used by them who are more likely not to own computer at home. Or perhaps, I am simply more ancient than the old people.

I am suddenly feeling nostalgic with simpler life during 1.5 decades ago. This complements the feeling from a series I am currently watching about a volunteer teacher in a remote village. I do not know if I can survive living without electricity and convenience of life like laundry and take-away food. However, I think it maybe more meaningful to have a simple life that way. Just earn to have enough to get by and the purpose in life is for betterment of others.

Chasing worldy stuff is suffocating and never ending. This week I had to decide to skip Hyoga HQS from Tsume. Sigh.. My local shop is selling at a price more expensive than even Seiya HQS+ which is a bigger statue. Honestly though, the price is not the main issue. I am running out of space. Even if I can store the boxes in rental storage space, now I am even running out of space to display in my room. So I will end up storing this in an unopened box in the rental storage space. Not to mention, I am quite disappointed with the statue design as well. The overall colour scheme is not fantastic as it is mostly white/transparent. From the previous Tsume's transparent materials, I think this will look quite awful. The overall design does not feel like Hyoga doing one of his iconic attacks. The whole ice and swan thingy (and the LED) seem to be just needless gimmicks to make the figure bulkier and more expensive. I hate this approach and hence the deciding factor not to support this figure. After all, I am paying for the character and not for the objects. Having said all of this, a part of me is sad for not buying this as it means I will not complete this line :(  So yeah.. living a simple life without caring this kind of thing will be much better.

No comments: