Friday, February 5, 2021

Diet died

It was barely 3 days and my diet plan completely failed yesterday. It was too difficult to resist a promotion for a potato chip brand that I never tried before. The normal price is almost $6 which is beyond my usual limit of $4 per bag. I think it is the first time this brand is ever put on promotion. Currently it is $7.90 for two bags. Not only it now falls under my budget, the ginger flavour caught my interest. Unfortunately the rest is kinda meh. But since I had to get two, I took the crinkle cut which turned out to be just a (super) salty flavour. Overall, I don't think both are fantastic. I don't know if I should regret for breaking my diet for something so so  or I should be happy that at least I know I won't be tempted with this brand anymore in the future. It is day 1 again today and I was almost tempted to get another potato chips earlier. Although I managed to resist, this is really an addiction.

So the item that I managed to sell this week is Sailor Moon Art Book Vol 5. I sold it for $400 and I bought it in 2013 for $271.25. That is only around $130 profit in almost 8 years. Vol 5 is the most expensive out of the 5 volumes. The reason for selling this was because after getting this one (which I thought was a good deal), I found a full set for $500. So there is no point for me to have 2 copies and I might as well sell it away.

I am glad to finally be able to sell this. I received too many false alarms from potential buyers as well as low ballers whom I completely ignored. The last round of false alarm was in September last year. It made me took the more recent photos and the person did not buy in the end. In the end the photos were useful as I told this current buyer that the photos were recently updated. It was curious that I received more enquiries on this item in the 6 months. I was quite fed up with the low ballers but that made me increase the listed price from $350 to $400 at the start of this year. Anyway this can be considered cheap as current eBay prices are around USD 500 minimum for this book.

The person buying this time is somehow based in Hong Kong. I think the person must really want the item and the transaction was hassle-free. The person asked a friend based in Singapore to get it so I did not have to deal with any bargaining. The buyer paid through Carousell and that forced me to learn about the payment system there as previously I have always been doing meet up and cash on delivery. Meet up was not convenient with the buyer while I could not find any local shipper who provide coverage as much as the price of the item. In the end, she arranged for a pick up and she would bear the risk so everything was cool for me. Lucky!

No comments: