Monday, May 25, 2020

One week on

Today is the seventh day to commemorate my dad's passing. I am thankful for my cousins who live streamed the mass from my home. Just looking at the living room helped to soothe my homesickness. I really prefer to stay home there than my fake home here. Haiz.. I did not cry or have those negative feelings that swarmed me last week so I think I am mentally better. Strangely, I still had difficulty sleeping throughout the night and still woke up a few times.

Life is slowing getting to normal for me as I start to be bothered with the useless things that usually bothers me. For example, weight. I really do not think I can even go under 60kg. Having lost 10% of my weight, I wonder what I have actually lost since I think the excess fats around my belly is still as much as last time. After taking break from diet and exercise last week, I am restarting again.

May is the first month that I see how circuit breaker helps to save my money. For the first time, I am unable to meet the minimum $500 spending for my credit card this month. I could have saved even more if I did not order lunch delivery last week because I was too emo to go out. I will usually order delivery on the weekends but after doing my finance yesterday, I managed to restrain myself for today which happens to be Hari Raya. For this coming week, I will either buy from hawker centre or eat the instant food I stocked up for covid. I already stopped stocking up for the past 2 weeks but I cannot eat the instant food everyday because I find them not filling.

I still did not get a photo in PPE because on Saturday, the clinic manager was roaming around instead of being at the admin station. I was also not in the mood because there were 3 doctors on duty so there were around 30 patients for the session. Time is tight for 1 person to dispense to 30 patients so I was easily losing patience. Perhaps I lost my cool 25% of the time to everyone who jammed my queue. So disappointed with myself as my habit simply does not wear off just because I am not doing this as full time job anymore.

I just finished another Thai series in the past week. It is surprisingly a diamond in the rough. It is so difficult to follow at the start as it is so full of angst and I prefer lighthearted and comedic shows. The characters are so frustrating to watch but at the same time they are so well written. I am so angry at how "asshole" and how "stupid" the characters are but I cannot get angry to the series overall as these types of people really exist in real life so everything is still within the boundary of realism. Thank goodness the ending wraps up the series nicely.

Coincidentally, one ongoing series that I am currently following on Saturday made me a little bit emo. It is a comedy so it was unexpected that for this recent episode, two characters are bonding over stories of their respective fathers' death T_T Hur hur...

No comments: