Saturday, May 2, 2020

Broken streaks

This week I finally let go all the things I have been holding on and avoiding since February: junk food, fast food, dinner food delivery, and bubble tea. Ironically, they all ended with regrets since I did not really have what I wanted and I could only settle with whatever I could get hold to.

When I did groceries two weeks ago, I was complaining about absence of offers for potato chips. This week, I did not even see any stock of potato chips that I normally buy. I was like an idiot looking at the the potato chips several times trying to decide whether to buy something or resist. In the end I bought 2 cans of Pringles and I do not like both the satay and pulled beef flavours.

For unhealthy fast food, I had Pastamania last Sunday, and Starbucks and Popeyes' yesterday. Popeyes was a double pointer as that marked my first dinner food delivery as well. Pastamania was actually satisfying and my 'regret' was it was an overeat for me. Haha.. Starbucks did not fill me, though my main drooling was for one of the drinks and not the food, and resulted me in having to have Popeyes dinner. Popeyes was not bad but for their prices of mac and cheese and popcorn chicken, the serving sizes are too small. I still cannot get bubble tea but I succumbed to adding $1 to upgrade my milk tea from Thai restaurant to add bubbles. Clearly it is not going to be as good as my favourite Koi bubbles and I am right.

On the bright side, since these were mostly misses, it made me want to 'avoid' them more instead of 'trying to find something satisfying'. At least this will put back my diet on the line. I have been emoing too much this week because I really cannot go under 60kg. This unhealthy obsession even flowed over to two nightmares about my weighing machine is actually broken all my weight loss so far is actually due to faulty machine.

I have been in a bad mood and I really wish bad karma and recession will befall on unscrupulous businesses. First mention goes to Deliveroo. They sent less than 12 hour notice to inform shit changes coming into effect yesterday. Minimum spent is raised to $18 for free delivery for Deliveroo Plus. So what is the point of subscribing? No matter how it is sugar coated, it is clear Deliveroo just wants to capitalise on higher volumes of delivery during this period. What a dick move. They forget that this circuit breaker at most last for another month but them losing customers will be permanent. I have been on Deliveroo Plus right from the start and am too lazy to check on others. Thanks to their stupidity, it made me check out on Grab and Food Panda. Although these two are not much better (since both are also suspending their subscription plans... clearly also taking advantage of current coronavirus situation), at least their subscription plans are cheaper than Deliveroo. Another week before the end of my current subscription month and after that, bye Deliveroo. More people are using Grab or Food Panda to begin with and now Deliveroo did this to the minority who still uses them so 'good' luck to them.

Second is Harvey Norman. I have been paying attention to the prices of external storage drives in the past half a week. This morning I saw Samsung SSD 1TB for $10 (red) and for $33 (gold) and so I bought. They called me to cancel as the prices were wrong. Seriously what the fuck? I don't care as it was their mistake. I already made the payment so seriously fuck them la. Imagine if the situation is reversed in which a customer already made a payment for something and customer said that it was a mistake to buy and would like to cancel, they would not agree to the cancellation. Shame on you and remember karma!

No comments: