Sunday, August 2, 2020

Old records

I am reminded of my later father again. My Gundam Wing comics have been sitting on top of a box since I finished reading them and I finally decided to check my plastic container box where the other Gundam Wing comics are to see if I had space. They are now well protected in the box at the expense of the DVDs of Japanese dramas and movies. Aaah.. what a trip down the memory lane as these DVDs were from more than a decade old. I bought them to kill time during the half a year break between the end of JC and the start of university.

The most surprising finding is the first M1 contract when I started my post-paid number. It was such a coincidence that the date was 02/08/08, exactly 12 years ago, although I did not blog about it on the same date. With the contract, I got a $0 Sony Ericsson K660i which I gave to my father. I remembered signing this contract at Changi Airport while waiting for my dad and sister to take the plane back home. They got worried as I was taking too long and I spent more than half an hour to choose a 'nice' number haha.. Sigh.. how sad to think that my dad who still had fighting and living spirit had passed away while myself who has been wanting to die is still forced to live. Anyway, despite the 'sentimental' value whatsoever, I still threw away the papers hahaha...

Another surprise from that box is the annual health screening slips from NUS. Haha.. So it is not my delusion that I was not as fat as now a decade ago. Lol. The journey for weight loss continues as I started to exercise again since I stopped around a month ago because of the hernia scare. Everything feels good for today. Food-wise, I just realised that Deliveroo quietly increased minimum order fee to $12. The usual Thai food that I order is just nice at $10.80 (when the previous minimum order fee was $10). While the $1.20 is small, it is not worth forcing the extra calories by ordering something extra to meet the minimum. Looks like I have to start buying from hawker center daily now hehe.. Or perhaps I can start by cutting down the Deliveroo to once a week instead of every weekend. Stupid Deliveroo because in the end I will just order less frequently from them and they will be collecting less fees.
At least now I am back to these numbers, thanks to COVID
I am still emo about my laptop and I am still waiting until the uncle comes tonight. I hope he does not come at 1am again like in April. I ran Dell diagnostics and it did not give the same error message like previously when the HDD was dead. So likely this time the Windows is the issue. Haiz.. I wonder if I should invest in a Windows installation CD or create an installation file in a thumbdrive. Previously I hate myself for never be bothered about creating system restore point. Now there are 2 (from a week ago and from two weeks ago) and yet even after successful back up in the Advanced Troubleshooting, I still cannot go back to Windows upon restarting. Same thing with the Reset this PC. Bleah... Previously during the HDD death, the reset was not successful.

Sad how my living spirit is determined by the life of my laptop. Without laptop, I simply have nothing to do so what is the point of living. Bleah.. That's why I keep saying that I am satisfied with my life already and I don't know what I still want to do anymore that I do not see any value of living with no more good things that I aspire and only bad things that happen.

No comments: