Friday, August 14, 2020

Diet frustration

It is so frustrating when you already set your mind on something but your body simply does not allow you to do that. Starting this week, my goal is to cut down on the unnecessary snack and bottled milk tea as I am running out of ideas on what to do to continue with my weight loss. Last weekend I only bought 2 bottles of milk tea with the intention of at least halving my daily intake to alternate day. Well it was partly because of the guilt of failing to resist the temptation of potato chips. I am also restricting the potato chips I buy from the mini mart near my place to only when I have enough leftover coins from lunch. This whole week I have been feeling slightly giddy in the morning and after work which make me suspect that I am going hypoglycaemic. My nap was just disrupted earlier since I was so hungry and I decided to skip the diet for tonight.

Since I have to withdraw money for my rental payment, I decided to do it today and grab something from the bakery nearby. There were only leftover breads so I only bought 1 and then I bought potato chips from the mini mart. Haiz...I don't know if these things are indeed better than the original temptation to just order delivery. Bleah... Please just let me lose the final 5kg and I can get over and done with all these self-inflicted torture.

I decided to take a break from watching dramas for now and I want to focus on creating photobooks for the 7 holidays that I have not done so. It is not easy for my eyes too and at most I can only do 3 pages a day. Maybe my giddiness is also due to eye strain? I don't know.. The last drama I finished over the National Day weekend is called Who Are You. It is a remake of a Korean drama with the same title. I think the theme of twins swapping place is not that original but somehow I am pretty hooked with this that I wanted to complete the 18 episodes as quick as possible. Haha.. So far I am able to resist picking up new titles and I have only been doing photobooks this week.

With the National Day over, there is no more public holiday until Christmas. With the lockdown still going on, I am emo when I realise that I have not even used finish the leave balance from last week. If I do not use finish them by this year, they will go wasted. I still have not touched compassionate leave (3 days) for my dad's death as I initially plan to fly home and use the leave. If I still cannot travel by Christmas, these 3 days are wasted too.

Meanwhile I will be back to frustration over diet again this coming weekend as I aim not to order delivery for lunch even on the weekends. Hehe.. yeah it is time to just eat simply from hawker centre everyday. I also will stop going to FairPrice to get fruits since my diet cereal is expiring in November so I should start finishing them first before returning to my banana and red dragonfruits.

No comments: