Monday, February 24, 2020

Gearing up for Lent

I don't know how I ended up with recommendations of the 2019 Chinese drama Prince of Tennis in my youtube video recommendations. I knew about the series last year but I am not into Chinese series since I do not know where to find the subbed versions. In fact, I am not even into Japanese dramas as well. I did not manage to find the subbed episodes in youtube and I decided to ask my sister for recommendations on where to watch Chinese dramas online. I finished 40 episodes from last Sunday until yesterday. I am amazed that I still have this kind of stamina and now the theme songs keep haunting me.

The work from home week has been a blessing. It saves me 2 hours of commute and at 530pm I could already sleep on my bed instead of on MRT seats. Hehe.. The only problem is my eyes since I do not have far away things to look at to rest my eyes. My eyes feel very tired and sometimes my head is painful. I won't complain though because WFH is good. Hehe.. With the improving coronavirus situation locally, I think this week will be the last WFH and everything will be back to normal next week.

I start to go to gym again and the alternate day arrangement to go to office makes it very conducive for my alternating exercise and rest days. I went for my dermatologist appointment on Saturday and I did not manage to get into to any gym slot. So even when I wanted to go for consecutive days, I could not. Haha.. Yesterday I was so tempted to skip because I wanted to finish watching Prince of Tennis but it seems that watching a sport series was a good encouragement to get into shape. So I went to gym so that on the way home, I could buy KFC chicken skin. Hahaha... It is pretty expensive at $3.50 but at least it is more substantial and look more like the actual skin in their fried chicken compared to the KFC chicken skin I bought in Bangkok last year.

I basically lost control for my diet last week. Not only with KFC on yesterday, I also had Subway (to try the cheese garlic bread), Long John's Silver (lunch with colleagues), McD (to try the McGirdles with bacon) last week. I also had 4 packs of potato chips in total. I always made an excuse to try new ones and avoid Kettle's which I like. All 4 packs were disappointing and I really should just stick on Kettle's when I have cravings. Haiz.. Anyway I realise that Ash Wednesday is coming in two days time. Thus I promise once Lent begins, I will stick on to no fast food, no junk food, and fruits for dinner (i.e. avoiding Deliveroo for weekend dinners).

Unexpectedly, I fall into the habit of online shopping again. Sigh.. Firstly I saw Gundam Wing merchandises at Gundam Cafe. My friend was having honeymoon in Japan last week so I am lucky to have him helping me to buy. I did not go into Gundam Cafe at all when I was in Japan because there was a long queue and I did not know that there would be Gundam Wing merchandises. It led me to getting random Gundam Wing keychains and music box (again! this will be my third!) from Yahoo! Auction Japan.

Things are getting worse when I found out Prime 1 Studio 1/4 figure of Phoenix Ikki. I found a local seller at Carousell and basically I bought it. Gg.com. When I was browsing the store, I found out about Kids Logic 1/4 Saint Seiya Statues with Digital Sound System. Goddess Athena and Gemini Saga were already sold out and they are planning to make all 12 Gold Saints. Wow.. As much as I am tempted, I am not too disappointed because Kids Logic quality does not seem to be very good based on the 2 Shurato figures from them that I own. Not to mention that I do not see any use of the speaker so it is like a waste of money. And how will I keep 12 1/4 scale statues sia... Having said all of these, I will definitely buy if they release Aries Mu :)

No comments: