Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Hard push

Sometimes you need to be pushed hard enough to overcome inertia. Continuing my banking woes story, as expected and no surprises, both Donki and UOB do not help. Donki customer service is especially useless: does not address my concern at all and play it down as mere 'miscommunication' and the person still has the cheek to ask me to send the receipt so that they can speak to the staff. Pui.. I hope someone makes a bigger screw up and will make a bigger hoohah to screw Donki back. No point complaining only so I shall show my displeasure by not shopping from them anymore. I have been regularly buying Tokucha which supposedly can help with weight loss. I guess it is time to conclude that it is not helpful and I can finally let it go. Haha.. I spent almost $1000 so far according to my Donki app and so yeah, that's it. With Donki regular spending out of the picture now, it is time to monitor my spending and decide if it is time to axe UOB card too.

On a positive note, I received my letter of increment on Monday. This is my first round of complete appraisal cycle and I am ecstatic with my increment, performance bonus, and promotion to Assistant Manager. This brings my pay to be comparable to what I would be earning if I never changed job in 2018. An 11.x% increment for promotion is comparable to 10.x% increment for promotion in my old job. There is no more corporate bonus here so overall the annual earning is less too. What is priceless is the appreciation and recognition of the work. My performance bonus is 1.6 which is higher than the average (I was told the average is 0.8). I would not be able to get such number in my previous job even if I were to run out of saliva to do all the sucking up.

Honestly I still harbour some anger and unhappiness over the favouritism shit in my previous workplace. However looking at where I am now, it is a blessing in disguise. It is another case of me being pushed to the breaking point that made me decide to leave the familiarity, take the pay cut, and just try to look for a better opportunity. Now I just have to be myself (no more acting, no more fake positivity), I get my work life balance, I am being appreciated for who I am, and I need not to endanger myself with risk of Wuhan virus exposure.

Thank God for opening the right doors for me and sending angels along my journey so far that I am able to just be myself and yet arrive at where I am today. I promise nothing will change. I will still consider my work as helping my boss and helping my colleagues instead of for my personal gain. After all, I cannot be bothered about the new title. All I care about is the money and my work life balance. Hehe..

I am still struggling with my prayer life and this good news potentially triggers my pride and will push me even further from God. However, I choose to see this as something to be thankful for and even though I feel very distant right now, I will keep on praying even if it is just a lip service to say thank you, God.

No comments: