Sunday, November 3, 2019

Shopping again

Seeing how enthu my colleagues were for Halloween, I decided to be more 'game' for the upcoming Christmas lunch. They have chosen Disney as as a theme and initially I wanted to just be lazy and wear my Spiderman t-shirt and Spiderman mask that I bought in USJ few years ago. That seems to sloppy now. I was thinking to rent but after seeing the prices, I might as well buy a costume. I was considering between Aladdin who is my favourite Disney character and Peter Pan since green is my favourite colour. I went with Aladdin in the end since Peter Pan's pants seem to be a leotard. No thanks.

I bought Aladdin costume from Amazon Japan and it arrived yesterday. I really cannot get the hang of buying clothes online. The top is too tight while the bottom is too long. Perhaps I am just fat and short :( The materials are acceptable and comfortable to wear but the pants is a bit worrying for me. I think it is not thick enough and my underwear can potentially be visible. I shall think further if I would be wearing that pants, or if I should just wear normal pants, or if I should wear a normal pants inside.

The Prince of Tennis x Zoff collaboration spectacles that I succumbed to order in April this year finally arrived. I am not that impressed with the quality as it feels more flimsy that my Digimon spectacles from Megane Ichiba. I will take pictures of them when I have time and will have a dedicated post like what I did with the Digimon spectacles previously. I will not be wearing these Prince of Tennis spectacles yet until next year when I do another round of eye check up. I know my degrees have gone up from this year's check up but I am still praying for a miracle everyday that somehow it can revert back to my current spectacles degree :( Otherwise my current Digimon spectacles are less than a year old and I need to change the lens already. That is a lot of money T_T

I am still feeling rather lousy after getting angry during volunteering yesterday. Although I always go with a charitable mindset, I still cannot overcome my weakness: impatience towards rude people. What made me even more upset is the proud mindset. When these people are being rude, the first thing that comes to my mind is always: you already pay so little and we are all here as volunteers so at the very least you should be respectful and not being rude to us instead of being entitled. Hmmpfh!! See the word 'respectful'.. Sigh.. wanting respect = pride = pathetic me.

At the end of mass this morning, the auntie whom I always sit next to said goodbye. Catholics are not well-known for the sense of community so this was a good surprise to me. It is actually quite sad since we have been sitting next to each other for months. Previously we have started acknowledging each other when she has to excuse me to go inside the pew but that is as much as the interaction goes. Actually the people who go for 7am mass are usually sitting at the same position and yet all of us are so cold to one another despite seeing one another every Sunday. Sad isn't it?

Interestingly, I somehow got intersted in the statue of sleeping St Joseph that I saw at the church gift store last week. After reading a bit more about it, I decided to buy it as I am still thinking to discern if the dreams I had about sending enquiry about the vocation retreat is a sign of God or just my own thinking. I decided to buy and returned to the Church but the statue had the toe chipped :( Oh well.. looks like I have to continue with my indecisiveness and my stress about this vocation retreat.

No comments: