Friday, November 29, 2019

Messy week of failures

With a month more until my Japan trip, I promised myself to re-start my discipline for diet so that I can lose weight and pimples. It only took one moment of temptation to try KFC's new bolognese cheese fries and it has been going down the hill with the fast food, junk food, and bubble teas in the past week. Today was the pinnacle with Christmas lunch with colleagues at work which meant it was buffet.

We had lunch at W Hotel at Sentosa Cove. My stomach is not suited for buffet anymore as I only had 2 plates from main buffet spread, 1 plate of appetisers, a bit of dessert, and 3 cups of ice creams. The spread of the buffet was not as many as typical buffets which may boast hundreds of options but the quality of the food here was top notch. Just imagine that my favourite food were two seemingly common food in any hawker centre: roast pork and char siew. The beef something (I did not really pay attention to the name of the dish) was fantastic too. It was just amazing to have these meats at pretty chunky and thick slices but yet they remained soft and pleasant to eat, instead of tough and chewy. I usually skipped rice dishes in buffet to avoid feeling full too quickly but I ended up with two servings of char siew fried rice and mushroom risotto.

I was not really a fan of the desserts as they were not cold. The opera cake was chocolate-y enough for my liking. However, the pinnacle was the chocolate ice cream. I was extremely skeptical about it since it was from a machine. Before started tasting, I was like 'This must be some cheapskate non-branded ice cream'. After the first spoon, according to my colleagues my eyes and face literally lighted up. Ooops hahaha.. Yeah the chocolate ice cream was THAT good: chocolate-y enough and creamy enough without being too runny. I love it. The strawberry was quite a disaster by comparison since I tasted more milk than strawberry.

I felt rather 'betrayed' as my colleagues did not really dress up to the chosen Disney theme. Aiyo, I specially bought an Aladdin cosplay set for this leh :( It would be fun if people were also dressing up as I was paiseh to be 'crazy' alone. Since I already bought and brought it, I might as well be thick skin about it. Sadly, no photo was good enough to change my profile picture. I am wishing for a day when I can be slim enough to look good in this T_T

Talking about Aladdin, I found out that the winter illumination at Caretta Shiodome is based on Aladdin. I went to see the winter illumination here in 2017 and I was not impressed because my camera was not good enough to take a photo under such low light. I was checking on this while killing time as my sister was super slow in settling the JR pass with Traveloka. I am actually more interested with the Aladdin movie exhibits more than lights. Haha.. It does not look big but just taking photos with the magic carpet and the wall should be enough for me. I only have 1 free day in Tokyo for this trip so goodbye to shopping as that free day will only be for this. Haha...

Because of this, I did not know why I went itchy fingers and checked Disney Store Japan website. It was a shocker to see the statue I bought this May is not 50% off. That is 13750 yen difference. I did not think much when I saw this the very first time because this was almost the same as 20th anniversary statue that I did not get to buy in 2013. Until this day, I never saw this statue online either. So yeah.. I could take the risk of waiting for a sale again and ended up missing out on this again OR I just bought it first and then being heartbroken when it goes on sale.

It is Black Friday today and I received another shocker. My gym is having 20% sale and I just renewed my membership literally LAST WEEK. Just one week apart and I lost another $396 sigh... I e-mailed them this morning to ask if I can cancel and re-purchase my package. $396 is almost 1.5-month membership leh.. No joke.. I still have no reply until now huhuhu...

To end all the failures this week is the failure with my life. I was too focused with my presentation this week that I did not even get to pray rosary for the past 2 days :( I make it a promise to complete once a day. On Wednesday, I almost lost my new rosary ring. Luckily I realised it as I was about to sit inside the restaurant for lunch. I quickly tried to recall when I pulled out my wallet since that would be the possibility when I dropped the rosary ring. Thank God I was able to find it outside the restaurant. In addition, I had been overnap-ing in the past 3 nights. I would wake up at 3-4am before sleeping again and that just screws up the following day. With that, the tooth brushing, tooth flossing, retainer wearing, and skincare regime were all skipped.

I also skipped Landings session on Monday out of laziness. Gosh.. I am starting to finally lose steam for my spiritual life too. I reasoned that I wanted to watch Frozen 2 (surprise!! I have not watched it yet) but it was still too crowded. I felt too self-conscious to watch alone since I foresee it would be mostly kids. I watched the first movie alone without such feeling. Perhaps I really have grown old now -_-" I will definitely catch Frozen 2 next week. Aaah.. I still remembered that magical moment in the cinema when I just knew that 'Let It Go' would just be a phenomenal song. That time people had not gone crazy about Frozen and Let It Go yet. That was why my post had the song embedded -something I do not normally do when I post about movies.

With Advent is coming, I hope I can get my life back on track and start anew.

No comments: