Thursday, October 31, 2019

Halloween

My office held a Halloween lunch party today. I don't know why my teammates were so excited to dress up. There was no instruction to dress up so they really wanted to do it for fun. Luckily they wanted to become minions so I could just pretend to be Gru. It is quite a coincidence that my scarf has a grey-black pattern. It is not quite the same as Gru's but the same colour scheme is sufficient.

There was a photobooth too and what got me really excited was Maleficent horns. Hahaha.. Gru was a blessing in disguise since I only wore black shirt and pants which fit into Maleficent horns. Yeah I took photos for fun with the horns. Haha.. I was not entirely comfortable since I do not know majority of my office people so I had to be reserved and 'anyhow' in taking the photo :( In my head, I was hoping to have a decent one for my facebook profile photo. I ended up with slanted horn and rubbish photo basically. Oh well =x

I am not a fan of alcoholic drinks but I am open to try drinks I have never tried before. I took this opportunity to try Somersby apple (4.5% alcohol). Sigh.. That was my second drink in the past week. Will I try again? Haha no.. I guess I am just weak to alcohol and I could not really tell the difference of the apple flavour. Nevertheless I kept one can of Asahi beer to drink this weekend since I have never tasted Asahi before.

Yesterday I met up with 2 friends at Timbre+. It was initiated by the friend that I met during our common friend's wedding 2 weeks ago. I kept hearing about Timbre+ and actually I had been there before for lunch few years ago. Hahaha.. I don't really see the hype with it as many of the stalls were not open at dinner time. I was interested in one Taiwanese food stall but the cashier was unmanned and I only saw one person preparing the food. Since he did not see me after I stood there for quite sometime, I decided to leave. I did not even know if the stall was ready for business yet or not. I ended up buying from the Thai stall. Nothing fantastic but special mention to the milk tea that comes in a Hello Kitty shaped glass. So random. Lol.

It was nice catching up with friends after almost a decade. The side effect, however, is the reminder of what the hell I want to do with my life. People dream of raising a family, buying a house, changing citizenship, investment, etc. None of this interests me anymore. It reminds me of the vocation retreat again. I had 2 dreams that I sent the email and it made me actually drafted an email on Monday. It is still in my draft folder since I really don't know if the dreams are the signs that I have been praying for if it is just a figment of my imagination since I have been troubled with the decision to go or not to go. I have been praying that if there is a third dream, I will take it as yes I need to go. Until now there is no third dream but I still keep thinking about it. Life is tough :'(

No comments: