Thursday, November 7, 2019

Meet up with cousin

I just met up with a cousin who I have not met perhaps in almost 2 decades. She has been in Australia since even before I left for Singapore. In between, our paths never crossed when we went back to Jakarta. She is in Singapore this week to accompany her son who is competing in Singa Cup. It was unfortunate that I did not get to see him whom I never met at all since he was born. Nevertheless, it was really nice to catch up with her. Although we have not been in touch for that long, we were able to have a 2 hour plus conversation without any awkwardness. I suppose there is something special with family bond that time and distance cannot dissolve.

She gave me Miraculous Medal as a souvenir and this is going to another Marian devotion for me. The medal feels very light and I don't feel like anything is on my chest when I am putting it on. The string is also not irritating. The only downside from these barely noticeable materials is I am worried if I 'forget' and drop it somewhere without realising.

So yeah that's all for today. I hope I would be able to go to Australia to visit you in the near (or even far) future.

No comments: