Sunday, November 17, 2019

Hot weekend

Since about a month plus ago, I told my landlord that the aircon was breaking down and was not cold. He brushed it off and said that it was because the weather was hot and asked me to lower the temperature instead. Wahlao! Don't believe me and just on Friday, the aircon was finally completely dead. No one would be available to replace the compressor over the weekend so now we have to wait until don't know when. Even with the maximum speed of my ceiling fan, it is bloody hot and my room has a smell. I tried to open my room door to improve air circulation but it invites random insects and mosquitos.

My landlady had her leg surgery on Tuesday and thank God everything went smoothly and she was back at home on Wednesday. She fell down in her room again yesterday and I was alone to help her get up. I thought there was a maid around. Sigh.. I really cannot understand people. She just had a surgery and yet my landlord allowed her to be home alone. If I were away then she would just be waiting on the floor until someone came home. Can't imagine how miserable she feels with difficulty moving and no aircon in her room as well. Everything is about money money money. I know I should not be complaining. Instead, I should take all these sufferings as penance and pray and surrender it to God.

The new batch of preceptees began this week and it is another new challenge for me. Previously my students tend to be the more reserved, shy, or not so confident type but this time I get someone who is quite 'arrogant'. I know it is my own perception and I should not be judging but honestly my first impression was not very good. No doubt that he seems smart and capable but he needs to do something with the way he speaks and expresses himself or he will find some difficulties in working world. Thank goodness during the discussion on Friday, somehow he was more toned down compared to Monday when I met him for the first time.

I have been discharged from my physiotherapy and for the first time in the past 3 months (or longer), I managed to go to gym for 3 consecutive days. I would say I am 90-95% recovered since occasionally the lower back discomfort still randomly appears and I hope I won't injure myself again. At the same time, I am losing control over my diet. With my Japan trip coming in 5 weeks time, it is really urgent for me to return to my diet. Though I must admit that the Baileys ice cream was worth trying although it is overhyped. From the several days that I visited Fairprice, I only saw it in stock on the day when I bought (and there were only 2 boxes left). However taste-wise, I can hardly taste the Baileys and it tastes just like any other cookie and cream ice cream.

A bit of throw back to last week's vocation retreat, I think I made the correct decision to say that I want to know more. If I said that I would like to think about it in another week, I will end up getting back to my lazy and comfortable life and I will not decide wanting to know more. Then perhaps after a few years I will be back to square one wondering what I am doing with my life.

No comments: