Thursday, December 21, 2023

True to myself

Last year I was pissed about peer review that I swore I would just put 3 or 'average' for those that I would be getting this year. After all, what is the point of being nice while others are so bitchy? When the time came for this year, I just could not bring myself to do so. I see no point being bitchy over something which takes up only 5% of the whole performance review. Furthermore as an appraiser myself, I know that appraisers are not that particular for the peer review while those being appraised think that it is a huge thing and the bitchy ones use it as an avenue to bring others down.

As expected, the scores I received average at 3+. I honestly think it is rather useless because the people reviewing me are only sharing perhaps 10-20% of my workload. Hence, whatever they see or think is only based on so little of my actual work. Unlike last year, I did not get so worked up about it this year. I simply told my boss "It is okay.", even when she comes from the angle that she does not want people to have negative perceptions about me. I am proud that I withheld myself from being an ass and said something alone the line that the proof my work is my outputs and not acceptance from others. Hahaha..

After all I am never supportive of this peer review nonsense thingy. I am not going to give it any legitimacy by getting too bothered by it.

Does it mean I have grown wiser?
Or am I simply getting older?
Or perhaps I simply cannot be bothered.

No comments: